SLIDER

The Baby Conrad Growth Series: 6 Months


Dear Conrad,

A whole half a year has flown by in a blink and we are celebrating your sixth month birthday.  I can't believe it.  Really, I can't believe how lucky we are to have you join our family.  Something about having you here with us to hug and hold and love on makes me complete in some way; there was a part of me missing and now that void has been filled with YOU.  My heart swells every time you smile or as I watch you drift off to sleep in my arms.  You are an amazing feeling with tangible soft squishy cheeks.

One of my favorite baby stages arrived this month.  Conrad, you found your toes!  You grab them every chance you get and pull those tasty piggies into your mouth.  It's been making diaper changes extra fun and cute lately.

Speaking of cute, I thoroughly enjoy taking you into the shower with me.  Not only is it nice to hold you skin to skin underneath the warm cascading water, but I laugh out loud every time you open your mouth to catch the spray.  Yes, you sit in my arms with your mouth wide open filling it with shower water.  It's a game, I can tell, but I'm entertained too.

You absolutely adore your big brothers, Conrad.  I watch you watch them, craning your neck to see them as they run out of sight.  One of the best parts of the day is when Jed arrives home from school.  You are always so happy to see him, kicking and smiling!  You eat up every ounce of attention those boys give you.  I look forward to seeing your brotherly bond grow.  

We officially started you on solid foods this month, beginning with rice cereal accompanied by sweet potatoes and carrots.  (Unofficially, you licked a salty chip and tasted chocolate pudding too.  Third child problems.)  Some nights you eat really well but other nights you're satisfied with just three or four bites.  It's obvious, your favorite food choice is still mama's milk.  I'd prefer warm snuggles while eating too if I could!  You often fall asleep while nursing and I can't help but sit and memorize the sweet curves of your face while soaking in the stillness.   

Conrad, you are becoming one busy baby boy!  You want to be on the move so badly, but have to be content with rolling at the moment.  You often roll halfway across a room to get to whatever it is you want to get your hands on.  And your hands are always busy.  When they're not exploring a toy or kitchen utensil I've handed you, you love to pull my hair and place your hands on my face to give me wet sloppy kisses.  Oh, I will never tire of those sweet kisses!

Happy most of the day, you are such a good-natured easy going baby.  You don't mind kicking your way through dinner in the bouncer at my feet.  And I can't forget to mention that smile.  Your big gummy smile (with dimples!!!) melts me to a puddle on the floor.  I should never complain.  You've made the transition from two to three children so enjoyable.

Conrad, I wish I saw myself the way you see me.  You look up at me with those big blue eyes, so trusting and loving, as if I can do no wrong.  Sometimes I'm hit with pangs of guilt because I can be so selfish and imperfect, but I want you to know that I would do anything for you.  Everyday, you are helping to shape me into a better version of myself.  And for that, I thank you.

I love you with all my heart, Conrad.  You will forever be my happy baby boy.

Love Always,

Mom             

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.