SLIDER

Celebrating Levi's 2nd Birthday with a Dirt Cake

layered dirt cake with trucks two year old birthday

One thing that I take great joy in is making my little boys feel special.  And there is no better time to do that than on a birthday!

Levi turned two years old yesterday!  In my mind, he's been two for a while: running, riding, screaming, biting, wearing 2T clothing, etc.  He's been a full blown two year old for a little while, it seems.  So celebrating this big milestone of toddler-hood was simply fun.  I started by making the chocolate cake portion of his dirt cake on Saturday.  Levi was sooo excited!  "My birday cake?" he asked enthusiastically all day long.  His birthday was all that was on his mind and all that he could possibly talk about.  It was absolutely darling.


Sunday morning his big day arrived!  Bron and I pulled Levi out of bed while Jed gasped over Levi's new miniature basketball hoop in the living room.  Well lo and behold, Levi was more interested in the balloons I left on the kitchen table!  Haha.  Yeah, isn't that just how it goes with little kids?

After church and a solid nap, it was finally time to party!  "My friends coming!" Levi beamed.  We had three neighborhood families over for a barbeque Sunday evening.  It was good to catch up with our friends, but Bron and I are actually not quite sure how much we actually enjoyed hosting this time.  It was a bit chaotic with all those kids running around.  However, both Jed and Levi reveled in every minute.  I mean, what's not to love when you're under four feet tall?  Levi had friends, presents, cake, and water guns!  It was totally a success.  The perma-smile on his face said it all.

layered dirt cake with gummy worms and trucks.  perfect two year old birthday

The idea for Levi's dirt cake came from a combination of things I'd seen on pinterest and tasted and loved as a kid.  So voila!  A truffle style pudding, oreo, and gummy worm cake topped with tractors was born.  Perfect for a little boy, if I do say so myself.  I'm not sure who was more excited about it--Levi or me?!  Hehe.

^^Squirt gun water madness!^^
^^Thirsty?^^

Happy 2nd Birthday, Levi!

My love for you knows no bounds.  I would do anything for you, Little Man.  I hope you had a wonderful day. 

6 comments

  1. I love the dirt birthday cake with tractors on top--so original and I'm sure he loved it! Happy, happy birthday to adorable, smiley, sweet, fun Levi! I can't believe he's two years old already. We miss you and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Levi is just beaming! It looks like y'all did a wonderful job making his party a special one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Levi! That dirt cake looks perfect. And his face =) Sounds like he had a great day, I'm sure mom and dad were beat by the end. And right, it is always the balloons that get the attention!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake looks aaaaaaamazing!!!!!!! I'm sure I could make it gluten free... I might need to try! (Not that I have any reason to make one)! Haha! Looks like a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cake is awesome! I love the worms in it. So fun! We have 3 birthdays at our house before Keira's in December. I'm hoping that all of the birthdays will give her practice and get her excited for her own birthday, just like Levi. It is so fun when they start to get excited over things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like your party was a HUGE success! That cake looks delicious--what a perfect theme. (I especially like the gummy worms in the cake--we all know mud has to have worms!) Wish I was one of your neighbors!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.