SLIDER

The Weekend Commander Visited: South Hills Hiking and Dinner on the Rim

This is the second post about our incredibly fun weekend with family.  

After such an exhausting (but super fun) day, we took Sunday a bit slower.  We began with a late morning trip up into our beloved South Hills.  We hiked the short distance to Ross Falls and then drove further up to Pike's Peak for a sensational view.  Simple yet refreshing.

^^Levi getting a free ride on Commander's shoulders.  And Jed, proud of himself for climbing this little hill.^^
^^The whole gang at Ross Falls, including Tyke, our dog.^^
^^Jed helping his little brother down a precarious hill.^^
^^My main squeeze and me enjoying our perch on top of a giant rock.  I love that man... a lot.^^
^^Grumpy Jed.  He was ready to go home.^^
^^View from Pike's Peak^^

We all came home and crashed in the afternoon.  Then that evening, I hired a babysitter and we adults ended our day at one of my favorite restaurants, Elevation 486.  Not only is the food delectable, but the view is unrivaled.  The restaurant sits on the canyon rim in Twin Falls and boasts magnificent views of the Snake River and the Perrine Bridge.  After a delicious dinner, we walked out onto the bridge and just happened to be in time to watch a couple of BASE jumpers propel themselves off the bridge. 

^^Our Sunday night sunset view at dinner.  I'm proud to call this uniquely pretty place home.^^
^^I've seen folks jump at least a dozen times now and it always takes my breath away.^^

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sad to see my dad and Liz go.  I missed them the moment we hugged and said our good-byes.  The weekend was unbelievably fun and full of so much love for family.  May our next trip to California and another family reunion come quickly!

We love you, Dad and Liz!  Thank you so much for making the effort to travel all the way up here (we're out of the way, for sure) and then spoiling us rotten as well.  The boys will be talking about Commander and their boat trip down the river for weeks as well as plaguing me with reassembling their new Lego sets over and over again.  But I wouldn't have it any other way.   

2 comments

  1. I love the picture of Jed helping Levi down the hill. Such a sweet moment! I'm glad y'all had such a wonderful visit with your dad and his wife. It's always nice having family around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grumpy Jed is adorable. So glad you got some quality time with your dad and Liz!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.