SLIDER

Our Christmas Surprise

Announcing: Baby Boy Nelson
ETA: April 21, 2010

I am the Ultimate Rosie

Yes, folks, Bron and I are thrilled to announce that we are expecting our first baby boy in April!  We were awfully coniving and decided to keep it a secret from family and friends at home until our trip home after the Christmas holiday.  We know, we're stinkers.  We can't wait to see their reactions!  I hope it was totally worth it.  Saving this surprise until Christmas was all Bron's idea.  I've loved the agonizing anticipation.  To them, this is going to be the shortest pregnancy ever.  I am already over halfway through this pregnancy, clocking in at about 24 weeks now.  I love feeling my baby move.

During those first few weeks of pregnancy, I did suffer from a little morning sickness, but not too bad.  I just felt nauseous all day long for about three weeks straight.  It was actually all the animal smells at work that I dreaded most.  To this day, I still scare people when I turn green in the dog wing.  Other than that, I'm feeling great! 

My favorite day so far was when Bron came with me to my 19 week appointment to see the baby on the ultrasound screen and hopefully find out the gender.  He was overjoyed when he saw the outdoor plumbing!  It was both amazing and surreal to hear the heartbeat and watch our baby move.  It was also reassuring to find that every detail about our little guy is growing and developing normally.  Bron and I fell in love all over again, with each other, and with our little bump. 

13 Weeks
Ready for a football pass

19 Weeks
Handsome Profile

19 Weeks
Five Little Toes

19 Weeks
The Baby Bump on Thanksgiving Day

I can't believe this is real and happening to us.  Life as we know it is about to change drastically.  But I'm sooo excited to become a mommy!  I feel really blessed.  Bron and I are grateful that I'm healthy and happy and that our little guy is developing just as expected. We pray that everything else during this pregnancy will progress just as smoothly.

P.S.  I think we're stuck on the name, Jedediah.  Jed for short.  We think it's very befitting of a little cowboy.

15 comments

  1. Congratulations Jessie!! That is so exciting. I cant believe you kept it a secret from your family for 6 months. I cant imagine. I think my mom would kill me if I did that. :p Congrats and Happy New Year, sounds like its going to be a great one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO true that it's going to be the shortest pregnancy ever to your family...AKA me! I can't believe it, but I'm so happy for you! I miss you! I was so sad that I didn't get to see you when you were here. We called Rachel today and found out both of you had left. :( In any case, we are totally excited for you! Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That's great... and how you kept it a secret for that long is crazy!
    Best of luck to you and the growing family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys. You'll be awesome parents! Keep posting the belly pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS!!!!! I've never heard of anyone waiting that long to tell! Good luck with everthing and keep the updates coming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH my gosh!!!! HOw did you wait that long to say anything? Phil and I were going crazy and we told when i was 13 weeks! That is so awesome and you look so dang skinny and cute! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats again! I still can't believe you kept a secret that long! You make the cutest pregnant woman ever, even in Bron's snowpants!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats! i can't believe you were able to keep it from your families for so long! can't wait to hear more updates and see more pictures!! i'm way excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! And way to wait for 24 weeks before telling anyone, I'm all about the support during my pregnancies.

    How exciting for a little boy too! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look great. congratulations. boys rule! jed is also a very cute name.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting! You are going to be such a good mommy :) You look totally gorgeous and your little baby looks so good in the ultrasound pics! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AHAHAHAHHAHA! I was freaking out when you told me about this. I can't believe Cache is going to have a friend. You have to move close by us now because we need you!! He looks very healthy (and that is a blessing!)! You look fabulous and oh so pretty. Isn't it fun?

    ReplyDelete
  13. a perfect football playing cowboy! so sweet. congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jedediah is what I want to name my little boy. ever since high school i have loved that name!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that shirt! You look so so cute! congrats!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.