SLIDER

Anniversary Amore #6

circa 2007

Bron and I love to talk.  We talk while holding hands in the car.  We talk while pushing a stroller on a Sunday afternoon walk.  We talk in the dark after midnight.  The latter scenario is when we talk most these days: late at night after the boys have gone to bed and we've had a little time to unwind and relax from our busy day.  

I love that we love to talk, to dream, to work out what is on our minds and hearts.  It's good for us; healthy even, I'm pretty sure.

The other night as we talked in the den after our movie ended, I mentioned that our sixth anniversary was coming up.  Wow, six years.  What was life like before six years ago?  Bron said he didn't know.  "It's always been me and you," he said.   

A lot of life has occurred in the last six years.  We have both changed and grown and our relationship has evolved.  We solidified our marriage during those two years in New York--when we were off on our own, when we could rely only on each other through the stresses of school, crazy church responsibilities, and a new baby.  Then Bron began a career and we bought our first home and we welcomed a second baby to our family.  

When did we become real adults with real responsibilities?  The realization still feels weird.  Weren't we just a pair of kids a couple of years ago?

Bron is so much more than the boy who twirled me around the dance floor and bought me ice cream before he really knew me.  He is my husband.  He is the father of my children.  He is my best friend.  When I am tired or frustrated, I vent to Bron.  (And Bron knows when I'm being unreasonable it's just best to keep his mouth shut!  Wise, wise man.)  When I am happy, I tell Bron.  He comforts me, laughs with me, encourages me, defends...

What a thing it is to be married.  It is the most wonderful idea I have ever heard of.  Bron is my most treasured blessing.  We've built an amazing life together and there is still so much ahead!  I'm excited to be on this thrilling and unexpected ride called life with him.

Happy six years to us.  I love you, Bron!            


P.S.  If you're looking for a good read on marriage, READ THIS.

9 comments

  1. Happy Anniversary!! You guys are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!! I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you guys are best friends. I think it's so important. Happy 6 to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! : ) What a great family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary! There's nothing greater than marrying your very best friend! It sounds like you've had an amazing six years...here's to many, many more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so good for Bron. Hope you had a great anniversary. You should put this post on speed dial and when you have those "oh, my husband" moments, reread it. Our men are great, but once in a while they can be frustrating, so remember the good ONLY. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Its always been me and you" *chills* That is so sweet!
    Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all, you know you are an incredible writer right?? Every time I read your posts it touches my heart. This one in particular! We are going on I think 7 years of marriage ( yes I seriously do lose count now lol!) and we feel the same way as you two do about the years before we were married: we were still somehow together. What I love learning about your faith the most is how you view families as eternal. Indeed we are!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I didn't know that we had the same anniversery! Happy 6 Years! By the way I love you blog post :) They are so fun to read :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.