SLIDER

Beginnings of Decor: Jessie Style

Three months ago we moved into our very first home.  And three months later, we are officially moved in!  Hooray!  The painting is done.  The doors and hardware are in their proper places.  Every box has been emptied and thrown away.  Any extras have been carefully stowed away in the attic and we can now park both cars in the garage with space to spare.  It's fabulous.  This place feels more like home all the time.  We still have a long list of things we'd like to purchase and do: door mats, new bath towels, a piano, a big family picture, old window panes to hang on the wall, blinds for some of the windows, etc.  It's an on going process, but that's half the fun.  If my home was done all at once, what purpose would I have in browsing magazines and pinterest and getting excited?!  It still blows my mind sometimes that this is our HOUSE.  We LIVE here now and it's beautiful.  Plus, we're not going anywhere for a long time.  It's a wonderful feeling.

While Bron was in Montana in January, I did a little early birthday shopping with Momma Nelson for three days.  We had fun hitting almost every store in town and eating out almost every meal!  She said it felt like winter break!  Plus, Jed and I got to see Kaleb wrestle.  He won both matches, one match by like fifteen points!  I may be exaggerating a bit, but it doesn't matter.  I'll make a crazy cheerleader of a mother one day.

So now that we're officially unpacked and I've done some shopping, let me show you around our home!  It's the beginning of a vintage/cowboy country/slightly contemporary mesh of furniture and decor.  I hope it blends well.


1.  The fireplace.  I really love having a focal point in the room to put my picture of the temple.  Please direct me to any awesome mantle ideas out there.  I NEED ideas.
2.  Decorating the empty spaces above my kitchen cabinets.  I begged for that cow sign at the county fair.  And I found the weather vane last month at Real Deals in Rexburg.  Sooo cute.  The tins came from Momma Nelson for FREE.  They belonged to Bron's grandma.  I'm in love with the colors.
3.  More shelf space.  I have three of these babies to fill.  But they are filling up faster than I anticipated.  There just may be an end to the madness in sight.  (Yeah, right.)  There are a pair of antique maple jars from Miner Farm in New York.  We found the old lunch pail and blue jar at an estate sale last summer.  The luggage once belonged to Bron's grandparents.  And the 'ol milk can has been retired from the Nelson Dairy because of a leak.
4.  I've decided to overhaul the kids' bathroom in a 1950's beach theme.  I found this wall hanging at the local consignment shop.  Hopefully I can find some little surfboards for the walls on our trip to California this summer.


5.  Our living room.  You are looking at the most comfortable couch in the world!  Upon moving in, we painted the shelf background the same blue as our den/tv room.  Then Bron put up new hardware, painted the shelves black, and distressed them.  Voila!  A whole new look!  It now flaunts a lot of Bron's souvenirs from Russia.  
The shelf space on top is a work in progress.  But can you see the potential?  Can you?  I'm so excited.  I have so many ideas for those shelves.  I found the vintage milk carrier and milk jars at a local antique shop.  I wasn't going to leave without them!  


6.  My kitchen.  Decor = Work in progress with lots of fun potential.  Double ovens + pantry = Heaven.
7.  View of the living room from the kitchen.  Jed is running laps around the couch.  Don't you just love the darker trim?  We do!
(Note: My living room is usually cluttered with toys, but we were expecting company.  Great time for pictures, no?)


And of course this home wouldn't be complete without my two boys.  They're the best part!

Next up: The kids' bedrooms followed by flowers in the courtyards!

8 comments

  1. You're home is beautiful!!
    LOVE your temple picture! We have that same version of the St George, UT temple. Each time we move I make sure its the vocal point of our living room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... focal not vocal. My phone autocorrects :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your house! So spacious and tidy! And I love all the natural light that brightens up the house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house is beautiful! So much space, so open and so much natural light. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ... and all this was done while you were pregnant! You've been busy! Looks great! It's fun to have a home to decorate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WoW! Pretty house. I have a bad feeling about my decorating skills

    ReplyDelete
  7. Question, what is above your kitchen window, I can't tell?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that the barn star made it up with the decor!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.