SLIDER

10 Days of Christmas

Christmas came and went and we just kept celebrating!  I guess that is the advantage of living so close to family again.  We are so spoiled.

Our little family of three spent Christmas weekend at my mom's home in Meridian, Idaho with my two little brothers.  My sister and her family traveled 20 hours from Arizona to be with us.  It felt so good to see her again!  I just hope the trip was totally worth the effort for them.  I love you, Lauren!!!  Even though I pretend to be the "all knowing" and ever helpful "big" sister (it's a hard habit to break), we're really pretty much at the same stage in our lives.  It's a lot of fun!  I got to meet Carter for the very first time.  His pictures don't do him justice.  He is an exceptionally good looking baby boy considering his copious amounts of rolls, dark hair, long dark lashes, and beautiful blue eyes. 

CHRISTMAS EVE!

Carter Wade Thompson
Just shy of 6 months old
I want to EAT those cheeks!

We had our Christmas feast on Christmas Eve.
Ryan (7) watched Bron carve the turkey.
Jed ready for a prayer.  He was anxious to eat!

Then we had our annual re-enactment of the Nativity, which I'll admit, sometimes gets a bit irreverent.  Each year, however, the costumes are worth a good laugh!

Ryan as the hairy inn keeper.

Mary, Baby Jesus, and Joseph (who looks more like a potential terrorist.)  Don't wear a turban to airport, okay Don?

Carter in the manger.

CHRISTMAS DAY!

Santa brought Jed some John Deere trucks!
And I made the three of us matching jammies.  Yes, I had on blue doggie pants and a black sweatshirt too!  I think it's going to become a Nelson Christmas tradition at our house.

 
Jed licking his fingers and eating candy for breakfast.  Mmmm!


My mom, Lauren, and I played a violin trio in church.  I love playing Christmas music with my family.  It brings back so many memories.  I'm glad we got to do it once again because it means a lot.  It was wonderful to remember Christ, the real meaning of Christmas, on Christmas Day.  After church, we gathered around the tree to open more presents!


Jed received a giant Tonka truck from Grandma and Grandpa Kelley!
Can't you just see the admiration and joy on that boy's face?  Priceless.

Michael's strange face.  Lauren and Carter.

I have to toot Bron's horn for a minute.  He went shopping for shoes for me!  My old black Sunday dress shoes were worn out.  I told Bron all I wanted for Christmas was a new pair.  "Just pick something sexy that you'd like to see me wear," I told him.  And boy did Bron come through... with TWO pairs of trendy black heels!  They're going to be sooo much fun to wear!

OUR WEEK:

Jed and I accompanied Bron on a business trip down to Utah.  We used the trip as an excuse to visit my grandparents--Jed's GREAT-Grandparents.  I'm glad we went.  I know Grandma and Grandpa Smith enjoy seeing their littlest grandchildren and I loved seeing them interact.  I could hear Grandma playing with Jed while I showered and dressed for the day.  When Grandma finally left to do her hair, Jed went around the house looking for her.  "Gama!  Gama!"  It doesn't get more precious than that.  Grandma and Grandpa spoiled us by taking us out to dinner on Thursday night--followed by a shopping trip with my Aunt and cousins--and to lunch at Tucano's the next day.  My grandparents are genuinely good people.  I only hope to emulate a bit of them someday.

BRINGING IN THE NEW YEAR!

We spent New Year's weekend at the Nelson Dairy in Ririe, Idaho with all of Bron's brothers and their families.  It was a crazy, noisy, chaotic, house full of people!  But that's what always makes it a ton of fun too.


Jed is totally a mini farmer in training.  He loves being outside with the cows.

We exchanged presents...

Leah, Queen of the box!  
Look at all those kids swarming!

Momma Nelson apparently got just what she was wishing for!



We ate enormous amounts of rich foods prepared by Merri Sue herself and played lots and lots of boardgames.  In other words, we perfected the art of relaxation. 

We all played a couple rounds of BINGO and won silly prizes like candy!

I didn't bother staying up to welcome in the New Year.  Something about having a one year old who gets up early in the morning kind of remedied that.  But Happy 2012 anyway!  I have a good feeling about this year.  

Thanks to everyone who made Christmas 2011 a memorable one!  We feel so lucky to be surrounded by so many people we love.

7 comments

  1. It looks like you had a very fun, but busy holiday! It must have been nice spending all that time with all those you love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so fun! All this talk of family makes me wish our next family reunion would hurry up and get here already!
    P.S. Awesome job on the jammies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures! It sounds like you had an amazing Christmas... lucky girl :)
    And your family of 3 is so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you to be back in Idaho so you can be close to your families.

    P.S. Where are the pictures of your new sexy shoes? Aren't you going to show them off?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessie, that looks like SO much fun!! I love the jammies! I had grand intentions of making some for my boys too but, well, anyway. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i actually started driving bus three years ago because i needed the money and my dad drove. pretty much adore the job and it's perfect for my sporadic lifestyle, as they let me subdrive.

    love all the babies that are at your family christmas. so wonderful!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. i actually started driving bus three years ago because i needed the money and my dad drove. pretty much adore the job and it's perfect for my sporadic lifestyle, as they let me subdrive.

    love all the babies that are at your family christmas. so wonderful!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.