SLIDER

Halloween '15: Age of the Avengers


Another AWESOME Halloween is down in the books.  The evening may have started off with one grumpy post-nap three year old and a five year old who decided listening to his parents wasn't convenient, but the excitement and sugar quickly won them over and the rest of the night went off without a hitch.  Family life, I tell ya.  It can be stressful! 

We kicked off our Halloween celebrations with a quick trip into town to participate in our little community costume parade and trunk-or-treat at the park.  The boys felt so special walking down the middle of main street behind a giant fire truck!

After collecting candy at the park, we headed back to our rural neighborhood for some classic door-to-door Trick-or-Treating.  We met up with Jed's school friend, Brennan, and his mom Kelly, and we took on the whole neighborhood together!  It was so fun to watch those two five-year old goofs excitedly run from home to home.  Best friends in the making.  It makes me so happy to know that Jed has already found a group of good kids to be a part of at school.  What a blessing.  Anyway, we hit up nearly every home in our neighborhood.  Levi's bucket was so laden with candy that he struggled to carry it up to each door!  But he's no quitter.  Oh, no.  "Let's go to that house now!" he commanded.  His enthusiasm was sure contagious.  Best. Halloween. Ever.

I am so excited to be heading into yet another Holiday season with two little kids under our roof.  Holidays are just more magical with children.  And as their mama, it kind of gives me a natural high living those special moments vicariously through their eyes.  I'm glad we got to kick off the season right with such a fun and memorable Halloween.

^^My Saturday night date: Thor!  Seriously, I have a thang for Thor.^^
 ^^I have to include the Young family real quick!  Aren't they fun?!  They came over for some pre-activity photos.  I can't tell you how nice it is to have someone who knows how to use my camera so that we can have some family pictures of us too!^^
^^Enjoying their moment in the spotlight during the Halloween costume parade.^^
^^It's tradition!  The first house must be the Egberts.^^
^^Two best friends on Halloween night.  These images tug at my sentimental heart strings.^^


6 comments

  1. Super cute costumes, all of you! I know I say this a lot, but really -- your pictures! I'm always in awe! So beautiful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you all dressed up. Love the costumes- we're Avengers fans at this house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you all dressed up. Love the costumes- we're Avengers fans at this house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are the cutest little buddies. I love all the pictures, but the ones with Levi with his mask on crack me up! You guys always have fun costumes. Can't wait to see what you conjure up next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were the Avengers too. (Ha!) And my husband was Thor. I was some strange Captain America chick, and my son was Iron Man. It definitely was a fun night. Pretending to be a super hero is awesome; I think I'm going to do that regularly (without the costume)!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.