SLIDER

It's All About the Leaves


Because Fall is all about the leaves... and pumpkins, and sweaters, and hayrides, and Halloween. 

Well, to celebrate the changing leaves and to take advantage of this beautiful weather we've been having, I grabbed some paper and crayons and shooed the boys outside after naps on Wednesday afternoon.  We then proceeded to pick leaves from every available tree, bush, and shrub in the yard.  We have quite a lot of shrubbery too.  Our fists were full with leaves!  Then we sat down on the warm driveway cement with our leaves, covered a couple with the paper, and ran a colorful crayon over them to reveal their shapes and textures.  To a three year old it was really cool.  (To me, it was just really surprising how many different kinds of leaves live in my own yard!)  Jed scribbled away seriously for a while after which he proudly showed me his masterpiece that now lives on the refrigerator door.  Then he drew two more pictures before losing interest and running around the yard with the dog and the neighbor kids.

I think I totally get ten awesome mommy points for this activity.  Thanks for the idea, Heather!  It was a hit.

Have another fabulous Fall weekend!

4 comments

  1. I love the idea of doing the coloring outside. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the milking boots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely afternoon!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun project! I must try this with my little guy too!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.