SLIDER

This Mommy Blog

 Phrases Synonymous with Motherhood:
Physically exhausted, Smells like spit-up, Has a poochy tummy, Sleep deprived, Makeup-less, Listens to whining all day, Has a headache, Changes more diapers than she can count, Uses toes to pick up toys, Tired, Patience is running thin, Where's the off switch on these children?, Cooks one-handed, Eats with a child on her lap...

...Happy, In love, Needed desperately daily, Entertainer, Works for hugs and kisses, Finds joy in little things: little hands, little smiles, little laughs, and the funny things children do.

*****
I feel like this blog has become one dimensional.  No, more correctly said I have become one dimensional.  This blog reflects me and this blog has become 100% a mommy blog.  And perhaps that is rightfully so.  My family occupies my thoughts, my time, my arms, and my heart.  I am pretty much obsessed... or preoccupied.  I'm not sure which word is best to describe my passion for my boys right now.  All I know is that I am a mother.  I am a young mother in transition, yet not feeling a day older than seventeen, sometimes a bit immature and a little over-dramatic.

Motherhood is the biggest living oxymoron ever: I have never felt so much happiness and joy, but I have never done anything so hard either.  Lately, I have been trying to find balance in my life, but that's just impossible considering how much a certain baby doesn't sleep during the day.  (He's just like his big brother; 3-4 half hour naps are sufficient for Levi.)  Instead, I find myself trying to do more and be more, but I'm just wiped out by the end of the day.  And guess what?   It's Friday and the laundry still isn't folded!  In other words, these last few weeks have been really tough.  I'm not sure exactly why, but I'm feeling more tired and down than usual.

I forgot how much time and energy a baby takes!  I know one day he'll grow up a bit and Levi won't be so demanding.  Perhaps then I'll have a little more time to pursue some other interests (like my husband! and my violin! and those Christmas stockings I've been meaning to sew!) and write about them.  I've given up so much of myself for my children.  It brings me to tears sometimes, but I love my children heart, body, and soul and so they are worth that sacrifice.

This second baby is making me stretch and grow just as much as when I had my first.  (It's also making me reconsider how many babies I can handle all together!) 

And this blog is my outlet for it all.  It's my outlet for every one of life's transitions and stages.  This blog helps me gather my thoughts and focus on the little blessings in my life and find joy in the everyday.  I enjoy picking out the best things in life and jotting them down to be remembered later.  It also helps me connect with other women who identify with my same joys and struggles.

So if this blog has become a boring mommy blog, I'm sorry.  It's just a phase.  Sort of.

Anyone else been here, done that?

4 comments

  1. When Hailey was small(er) I felt the same way about my blog. Just about every post was about her. Then she grew and I found more time on my hands, which lead to me having more time to do the things I love. I think that's just the way it goes, and there isn't anything wrong with it. I'm sure with Keira here now our blog will become more of a mommy blog again, but that's ok. If you're like me, I blog to record memories (and share those memories with friends and family.) So I say, let it be a mommy blog- if you forget, you won't get those memories back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have one child but I feel the exact same way. Motherhood is great but a lot of times it's hard to remember why. haha It's nice to read that other people have the same feelings I do. But, your boys are adorable and I agree that it's ok to have a mommy blog for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not boring, it's actually really nice to see that other mom's sometimes (and a lot of times) struggle with the same things I do. : ) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are anything but one dimensional. Yes, your biggest job is being a mother, but you are a wife, a daughter, a sister, a violinist, a talented photographer, a runner, a writer and many many many other things. I love getting the emails that you have updated the blog so keep doing it....you have eager readers.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.