SLIDER

Jed's 12th Birthday



Happy 12th Birthday to Jed!!!  I'll be honest; it does not feel like yesterday that he was born.  It was a whole other lifetime ago. The three of us -- Jed, his dad, and myself -- have grown and changed so much since that momentous day.  I am so proud of the young man Jed is becoming.  He is learning the value of responsibility and work. I have really enjoyed watching him pass the sacrament at church and be excited about attending his young men's activities.  He's discovering his own interests and talents -- like reading and mountain biking!  He's all limbs right now and is growing like a weed.  His hands and feet are as big as mine.  Soon he'll be taller than me!  We've graduated from little boyhood and are careening straight on into his teenage years.  What a hard and magical thing it is to parent a child.  I love Jed so very much!  Happy Birthday!  Thanks for letting me be your mother and be your biggest cheerleader for the ride of your life.



Jed's birthday landed on a Monday this year, so he invited four friends over for a party on Friday evening.  I really enjoyed meeting the two boys Jed hangs out with at school for the first time.  The party started with pizza, presents, and cake.  Jed's brothers all lined up in excitement to help sing... and then Conrad blew out Jed's candles!  Little stinker.  So we lit them again and sang really quickly once more.

After cake, I loaded Jed and his friends up in the car to take them to The Silver City Bank Heist escape room.  The boys mostly just played with the items and depended on Wyatt and myself to solve many of the puzzles, but as soon as the second room opened up and we had less than twenty minutes left, it was game on!  The kids solved a ton of puzzles and we escaped the room with three minutes to spare.  Yes!



Somehow, Jed knew -- or at least really, really hoped for -- the surprise that came his way: a new bike!!!  He was all giddy grins and got to take her out on a ride on his birthday Monday afternoon.



Happy 12th Birthday, Handsome Boy!!!  We love you. 

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.