SLIDER

Bittersweet Goodbyes to Our Puppies


^^The neighbor girls Ella and Clara came by to visit daily.^^

I'd be lying if I said I didn't cry at all saying goodbye to our puppies.  I totally did!  It broke my heart (but also felt relief) to part with all the furry fun; I think Misty is feeling the void too.  She was such a proud and happy mama!  I would often look out the window to see her nursing, checking on, or playing with her babies.  But enough was enough and she would also curl up on the couch where they couldn't reach her to watch them or leave the yard entirely for a while.  Gosh, I understood that so well!

All nine puppies found new homes.  A strong interest for them came through emails, texts, and calls soon after I posted about them when they were a little over 6 weeks old.  It was an intense two weeks for me, communicating and coordinating with so many people about their puppies.  In fact, my weekly phone report said I'd used my text messaging app a total of 5 hours and 59 minutes in a span of seven days.  Ugh.  But it was worth it.  I got to know several local families who came by several times to visit with their puppies before taking them home.  It's reassuring to me that I gave them the best future possible.  At least I know they had a fantastic start with us here at our home.  They were spoiled with so much love and attention... and maybe Conrad terrorized them a time or too as well.  😬😳

It was chaos back there on the porch, but it was joy too. The puppies came running whenever they heard the back door open and would dart inside the house. They nibbled on our shoes and licked our faces.  And they drove Ezra batty.  They nibbled on his fingers, his ears, and even put a hole in the butt of his onesie trying to play with him!  The puppies were fluffy and cuddly and playful.  And destructive.  But it was kinda the best!

Would I do it again?  Absolutely.

And so, I present the last of the puppy pictures from Misty's first litter.  I want to remember them all.        

















^^Snuggles during General Conference^^


^^Misty and Tyke watching a storm blow in a few days after the puppies all left.^^

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.