SLIDER

Merry Christmas 2019


You guys, the magic of Christmas is REAL!  The lights, the treats, the anticipation.  It's all so much fun!  I can't believe another Christmas has already come and gone.  It was another happy/crazy one at the Nelson home with three little believers.  Bron and I intended to keep this Christmas simple and low key, but the boys somehow wound up spoiled rotten anyway!  The living room was littered in boxes and wrapping and more toys and games than the kids knew what to do with.  I am so grateful we get to celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ and all that He did for us in this way.

This December, we followed the study guide in the 25 Days of Christ, a gift my sister gave us last year.  I think our whole family enjoyed studying and discussing Christ's life in bits and pieces throughout the entire month.  Jed was the one who actually instigated our family devotional each evening. I know these almost nightly studies turned my thoughts more towards Christ this season and made Christmas just that much more meaningful!

Anyway, here are pictures from our messy but joyful Christmas morning.  I love capturing the looks on my boys' faces as they open up something that makes them happy!      


^^Getting ready for Santa to come on Christmas Eve!^^
^^Eating some cookies and drinking milk.  Yum!^^
^^Santa brought Conrad the trampoline he so fervently asked for!  And that Frozen fan he wouldn't let go of from Target.  It lights up in the coolest ways!^^  
^^This was the first year Jed and Levi didn't tell each other what they'd gotten each other beforehand!  It was a true surprise.^^
^^Bron's new awesome bike helmet.  I love that noggin and will protect it!^^
^^The bigger the box, the better the present, right?!?^^
^^Conrad playing with his new tool set.  I'm so glad Bron convinced me to go with plastic instead of wood ones.  We'd have holes in our walls already if I'd bought the latter.^^
^^Jed's face when I told him he'd be receiving a STEM box through Kiwi Crate once a month for the whole year!^^
^^Matching jammies make me happy!^^

Bokeh because Christmas time is pretty much the only acceptable time I can play with these magical overlays.  I really haven't been feeling very creative lately; I blame pregnancy.  I enjoy picking up my camera these days to capture the moment in the moment and that's about it.  But a few of these images needed a little something extra... because picking your boogers is better surrounded with bokeh, right?!


Conrad didn't nap on Christmas Day... until about 5PM when I found him passed out on the living room floor.  I think he had a really good day.

Christmas, thanks for treating us so well this year.  These special memories will be ones we hold onto for a lifetime.

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.