SLIDER

A Traditional Nelson Thanksgiving {Video}


We just spent yet another Thanksgiving weekend doing what I think we all prefer best: hanging out on the Nelson Family Dairy Farm!  Merri Sue does not get enough credit (nor gives herself enough credit) for all that she does to make this holiday so special.  Those Nelson boys all come flocking home for a reason -- or maybe twenty reasons.  And they're all so good.  I feel so lucky to have married into such a loving and solid family.

This year, I decided to practice my budding videography skills to make a moving video of a typical Nelson Thanksgiving.  This video really is made just for sentimental value and the learning experience.  There was low light, mixed light, color casts... all sorts of difficult and unpretty photography situations.  Plus, my weaknesses in videography are becoming pretty apparent to me, which honestly just makes more anxious to hurry and learn some more!

BUT this is what a typical Nelson Thanksgiving looks like.  It's pretty special, actually.  The house is busting at the seams with people and noise.  We chat and play games and eat until our stomachs can't stand the thought of another bite. Then the next day, we go bowling.  It's a tradition worth repeating every year.

P.S.  I love how the cabin/farm is a character all of its own!  

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.