SLIDER

The Cedar City Half Marathon


Bron conquered another half marathon!  He half-heartedly trained and then participated in one of the nation's fastest half marathons as a good majority of it is downhill.  Bron came away from the Cedar City Half Marathon with huge blisters on his feet from ill fitting shoes and some very sore muscles.  I couldn't help laughing at him every time he walked for three days afterwards.  But he did it and he did it well, finishing in 2:14.  I'm always impressed with his strength and stamina.

I was supposed to run the 5K with Conrad in the stroller, but when we walked out of our hotel room at 5:30AM Saturday morning, it was barely 50* degrees and pouring rain!  I couldn't make Conrad sit in a cold wet stroller.  So we went straight back to bed!  Haha.  Missing a three mile run wasn't a big deal for me though.  It was actually much better that I got some sleep because Bron's body was spent!

We met up with our friends, Aaron and Amy.  We ate a delicious pizza dinner and creamy gelato Friday evening together.  (We're still pretending that carb loading is real!)  Then I pretty much ate my way through the state of Utah as we drove back North Saturday afternoon.  I didn't burn the calories to deserve such gluttony, but whatever, I'm still nursing and food tasted sooo good!

One of the highlights of our quick weekend trip was meeting up with my Grandma for dinner in Orem.  Oh, how I love her!  We also drove up through Cedar Canyon and, oh my, is it gorgeous.

The weekend marked the bookend of our summer.  A big thanks to my mom for babysitting Jed and Levi!  They had a blast.     


Funny story: (Warning; may be TMI)  Upon arriving in Cedar City on Friday afternoon, Bron and I had a couple of hours to kill before meeting up with our friends for dinner.  Conrad was happy to be out of his car seat and was cruising the hotel room while Bron and I started making out shirtless on the bed.  A few moments later, Conrad pulled himself up to the side of the bed.  I lifted him up onto the mattress.  Without missing a beat, he latched on and started nursing!  Bron and I busted out laughing.  It was as if Conrad was marking his territory.  Poor Bron.  Boobs are for babies. 

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.