SLIDER

Strawberry Bliss

It's strawberry season! And strawberries are absolutely my favorite food above all foods. The only thing that can top a strawberry is a strawberry smothered in chocolate!


My Strawberry Haul

Yesterday afternoon was perfect for picking strawberries; overcast and cool. I headed out to a local orchard that was recommended to me. Upon arriving, I saw row after row of strawberries. Naturally, I got really excited! There they were: red, plump balls of juiciness just ready to be salvaged and placed in my bucket! My fingers greedily picked every ripe berry available. I collected two entire flats full. Yum! Maybe someday Bron will have his herd of cows on a ranch and I will have a strawberry field of my very own.

Then came the real work. One of my only redeeming talents as a domesticated wife is the ability to make jam. We love freezer jam at our house because it tastes so fresh and sweet! We now have enough jam with which to smother our pancakes, crepes, waffles, and toast all winter. I cut and froze the rest of the strawberries for pies, cheesecake, smoothies, and snacking. It took most of the night, but it's totally worth it!

I love strawberries.

3 comments

  1. Mmmm. I agree. you'll have to let me know how to make jam sometime. That sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jam making is actually embarrassingly easy. Just pectin (yellow box), lots of sugar, and berries. Then freeze. Voila!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats a lot of strawberries... i would go nuts.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.