SLIDER

A Stay at Home Easter

^^My three boys, soon to be four!^^

The Easter also known as the month with uninterrupted family time.

I'm not sure if it's the mental load of this pandemic or the end of this pregnancy, but I really feel at a loss to put together any meaningful words.  But I'll try anyway because I love Easter.  It is one of my favorite holidays.  It bears a message of hope, joy, and eternal life!

There has never been a better time to reflect on Jesus Christ's ultimate sacrifice than now -- when the world feels a little dark and upside-down.  Yesterday, Saturday, Christ's followers mourned in darkness.  They were sad and probably confused.  They had no idea what miracle was about to transpire!  Isn't this current period in the world's history a little bit like that?

As I've studied the scriptures and Joseph Smith history this month, I've been able to pull so many parallels to our current world situation.  Some circumstances really stunk for a lot of people.  Some people died.  Some faced hardships that lasted years.  But everything always turned out all right in the end of the story because a loving Heavenly Father had a wonderful plan in place.  I believe there is a light at the end of this crazy Coronavirus Groundhog's Day we've been living in.  I'm just super curious to see how it all plays out.

One of my favorite quotes from Jeffrey R. Holland keeps coming to mind: “Don't you quit.  You keep walking.  You keep trying.  There is help and happiness ahead.  Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don’t come until heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come.  It will be all right in the end.  Trust God and believe in good things to come.”

We listened to the Tabernacle Choir sing Handel's Messiah this morning as we made and ate a big breakfast of biscuits, eggs, and sausage.  I found myself tearing up during the Hallelujah chorus.  And again, I broke into tears later as I heard these familiar hymn lyrics during another presentation.

1. He is risen! He is risen!
Tell it out with joyful voice.
He has burst his three days’ prison;
Let the whole wide earth rejoice.
Death is conquered; man is free.
Christ has won the victory.

3. He is risen! He is risen!
He hath opened heaven’s gate.
We are free from sin’s dark prison,
Risen to a holier state.
And a brighter Easter beam
On our longing eyes shall stream.

I'm just one big emotional pregnant blob these days.  But it doesn't matter; music always has a way of speaking to my heart.

I hope that whatever comes my way in this life, I will be able to trust in my Heavenly Father's love and plan for me and place joy and hope in the atonement of Jesus Christ.

Anyway, we enjoyed a slow and peaceful Easter here at home.  It began with a big hot breakfast followed by a short but sweet Sacrament meeting.  The day also included a funny -- but stressful for Jed and Levi -- egg hunt and ended with pulled barbeque sandwiches and chocolate cupcakes with caramel frosting.  Oh, and sprinkles!  LOTS of sprinkles for Conrad.  My heart is overflowing with love for this family of mine today.

Now without further ado, some pictures from our front yard egg hunt.


Bron hid some eggs way up in the trees.  It was so funny to see the difference between how Levi and Jed accomplished the task of retrieving them.  Levi climbed into the tree (athleticism) while Jed grabbed a long stick (creative brains) to coax the egg out of its spot!


Levi handed me a piece of candy today. "Here, Mom," he said, "I want my baby brother to get fat."  Bron and I were rolling with laughter.

^^Conrad ran around picking all the dandelions in the yard to give to me.^^

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.