SLIDER

When a Craving for a Cupcake Hits and Other Recent Happenings

^^22 Weeks Pregnant^^

It was Monday night.  I was sitting at home winding down after a long afternoon with the kids when a craving for a cupcake suddenly hit.

I texted Bron.  "Pregnancy craving.  I NEED a CUPCAKE."

I really didn't expect much of a response.  Bron was pulling one of his busy 15 hour work/travel days and was on his way home from Utah.  Well, the man stopped at Stoke's in Burley and walked through the door an hour later with not one, but two delicious sweet treats from the deli!

Best.  Husband.  Ever.

We sat at the kitchen counter sharing one of the desserts and talking until midnight.  There's just something special about sharing some sweets with my sweetie in the late hours of the evening after a tiring day; it's what marriage is all about sometimes and I don't want to forget it.  He so totally loves me.

And because he brought two over-the-top treats home, I saved one for some pregnancy pictures to commemorate the occasion.  I can't take myself too seriously, can I?!?  



Last Friday was a doozy of a day.  I was feeling downright overwhelmed -- from my responsibilities as a homemaker and mother, to negative feelings about weight gain and this pregnant body, plus add on a night without much sleep thanks to an awful cough -- it was a recipe for disaster.  I hate to admit, I threw a fit.  Conrad pulled one of his usual naughty stunts, and instead of dealing with it in a mature motherly manner as I would normally do, I yelled so much that he closed the door to his room in tears and fell asleep.  It just added to my shame and guilt.  I fell into my own bed and cried.  (Pregnancy hormones?)  It was an awful, awful day.

Well, Bron waltz through the door early that evening with a plan.  He encouraged me to get in the shower and outside for a walk.  Then with the help of the boys, they picked up, washed dishes, swept, vacuumed, washed and folded clothes, and conquered a whole host of other things that had been on my to-do list for at least two weeks.

I was thankful.  And in tears.  How is it that Bron can accomplish in one evening what takes me a week?!?  I don't understand.  He explained that he does a job about 80% while I'm very thorough.  True, but still...

I'm not sure what I would do without that man and his unconditional love.  He puts up with more than his fair share.  I only hope that I show my love towards him in return.  I really don't deserve a man like him, but I will be forever grateful that he chose me.  I love being married to Bron.    


Other Recent Happenings:

1. Bron and I left the kids with a babysitter and traveled to Pocatello to meet up with Travis and Kim for dinner.  Travis and Bron have been friends since elementary school, but my memories of them begin in college when the four of us were all dating.  We made so many good memories together!  Though we meet up just once a year, we always pick up like we saw them just last week!  We cheated on our old faithful go-to Texas Roadhouse tradition and exchanged it for a meal at the Hibachi Grill instead.  Totally worth it!  I cannot believe I ate so much.


2. The architectural plans for our home are all done!  We've been working through them all month with a local architect, changing doors and windows and other details.  There's just so much to think through!

I've been stalking pinterest and have even asked a couple of my friends who have built in recent years if I can come see their new homes.  It's been so fun to glean ideas and measurements.  (For example: How deep do I want my kitchen island to be?  How far do I want it placed from the stove?  How long do I need the island to be to fit four stools?)  I'm slowly gaining an idea of a direction I want for each of my rooms, from flooring to cabinets to paint.  There are so many decisions to make. This house is like one giant art project!  It's fun...so far.


3.  Parent Teacher Conferences were this week.  I am happy to report that Jed is doing the best he ever has in school!  No emotional melt downs.  His reading level is exactly where it should be and he is a math whiz.  No kidding, he is one of the brightest kids in his class at math.  It makes me so excited for him!  I cannot say enough good things about his amazing teacher, Mr. Butler.

Levi is as smart and socially likable as they come.  However, he's in a rush to get things done.  His handwriting is horrible and he skips directions/questions just because he is in too much of a hurry.  In other words, he has a bad case of FOMO (Fear of Missing Out).  Levi doesn't want to miss a minute of recess or any other activity that he deems more worthy of his time than school or chores.  At home we've been in the process of teaching him how to do a job right the first time... and pause the TV to use the bathroom.  Whew.  It's a work in progress.


4.  I have a backseat driver named Conrad.  It's about a 10 mile drive into town (hashtag: countryliving) but when we approach our first stop light, you'd better believe I get to hear about it!

"Mom!  There's green levers up ahead.  Green levers mean go!  Now the levers are yellow.  Mom, the levers turned red!  I know my colors.  Red levers mean we have to stop."

If you know Conrad very well, then you know he narrates his stream of consciousness.  It's hilarious sometimes.

Also, we have a "grass tank".

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.