SLIDER

A Family Afternoon in the South Hills


This weekend left me feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.  I think we all needed a little mountain air and family time!  It's been a little different this year, modifying the way we explore and adventure together.  Being so pregnant, I'm just simply not able to be on my feet for long periods of time. So the four (and a half) of us spent all of Saturday afternoon together in the truck meandering down new-to-us dirt roads way up in the South Hills.  We periodically stopped to hop out and wander down some short trails and especially enjoyed soaking in the first of the Fall colors.  We rounded out the evening around a campfire roasting hot dogs and marshmallows for s'mores.  Pretty dreamy, right?  Exactly what I call a good day.

Take a peek at what we found!
 
^^My view from the front seat of the truck: Levi and his dog Tyke admiring the views as we slowly rolled down dirt roads. Classic. I'm thinking I should make these side view mirror pictures a thing.^^
^^My whole heart and life in one frame.  I sure love these three handsome boys of mine!^^
^^At war with their weapons.  Funny how any stick can be turned into a club or a gun or a blaster.^^


Pretty much every boy's dream, right? Jed saw this lean-to through the trees on our excursion on Saturday, so naturally we had to explore it. "No Mom, Indians made it a long long time ago in 1996," Jed insisted. Bron and I just laughed and laughed. Um, I'm pretty sure a scout troop built it... recently. But either way, it's still awesome.

^^This sweet face, it's everything.  I'll never get enough.^^
^^Oooey, gooey, sticky, yumminess!^^
^^Belt loops are gun holsters, didn't you know that?^^

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.