SLIDER

A Girls' Weekend in Park City!

^^The Girls: Amy, Shelly, Jessie, Jodi, and Amy^^

What a fantastic, rejuvenating, and relaxing weekend!  I can think of few things better than hanging out for three consecutive days with the finest friends a girl could ask for.  With nowhere particular to be and no little hands clamoring for our attention, we women finally had the oodles of time we all dream of for doing what friends do best.  We shopped till we dropped.  We painted our nails.  We stayed up talking and laughing till the wee hours of the morning.  We peacefully slept in.  We played on the zip line and coaster in Park City.  And we ate rich foods way too late into the night.  It was everything a girls' only weekend should be, plus some!

I think my favorite part of the trip, however, and the part that I will forever keep close to my heart were the many conversations we had about everything under the sun--from our struggles as wives and mothers, about sex, how we met our husbands, and the things we love most about our families.  It was so good to hear these girls' stories, to bond on a more intimate level, and to know that we're more alike than we are different.  We're sisters and we need each other.  

Thanks for the smiles and the incredible memories, ladies!  I hope we're lucky enough to do this again one day.  

^^I think we spent over three hours at a Ross.  (Small town problems.  We don't have a Ross.)  The cart was overflowing with goodies!^^
^^Shelly started the ball rolling a couple of months ago when she offered to use some of her time-share points for this sweet condo in Heber, Utah.  How could we turn down a girls' weekend, especially in such a beautiful area?^^
^^My new favorite polish.  It stays chip-free for about a week!  No light needed.  Woohoo!^^
^^We rode the zip line in Park City.  Wheee!^^
^^And then we rode the coaster.  (Looking super cool in our sunglasses.)  Yes, it was a real roller coaster down the ski hill.  We each had our own set of brakes, but I'm pretty sure all three of us careened full boar down the tracks.  What a rush!  I'd love to take Jed and Levi on it one day.^^
^^Goodbye!  See you on the other side, Shelly!^^
^^And we squeezed in a little be-lated 30th birthday celebration fun too.  I'm the baby and I think everyone is secretly happy I'm finally joining them in this epic new decade.  Mmmm... cream cheese frosting!^^

7 comments

  1. What a perfect weekend!! I think I need something like this asap! Hope I can plan something in the next year! Shopping, girl talk, good food and perfect location!! (We honeymooned in Midway so that area will always have a special place in my heart!) Seriously, PERFECTION! So glad you had an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I am super jealous!! It looks like you had an amazing time. Can you believe I live so close to heber/park city and I hardly ever go?! I blame it on being poor haha. I'm happy you got to have such a great break with great friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was a blast! What a fun weekend away from the stresses of home :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm so glad you had a chance to go for a Girls' Weekend too! It sounds like it was exactly what you needed and more!! Yay for shopping, adventure, desserts, and late night girl talk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No offense to Bron because I know he works hard, but he is frequently gets to go on these fun weekend getaways while you manage the house so when I saw this, I'm like "yeah, Jess!!!" You so deserve a fun weekend without kids to be completely selfish. The group photo of you...you look so tall, slender, and modelesque. You look good for an old lady. That place sounds awesome

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun!! I love Park City. What a weekend, 3 days of no kids and just the girls. That would be a blast. Glad you have such awesome friends to do something so fun like that with! That coaster is fun, isn't it? Hailey loves it, I'm sure your boys would too.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.