SLIDER

A Baby Shower for Amy + Weekend Highlights

Over the last year and a half, my neighbor Amy and I have become the best of friends.  We run errands together, our children play together, we go on double dates with our husbands together, we swap babysitting and share dinners... we see each other quite a bit!  It's been a lot of fun and I'm lucky to have a friend like her.  So when Amy announced that baby #3 will be a bouncing baby boy (she has two pretty little girls), I knew she deserved a party--more specifically a shower dedicated to all things little boy!

So Dani (another sweet neighbor friend) and I whipped one right up!  I'm glad I had her help because it wouldn't have turned out nearly so cute.  Dani is so classy!  Let's just say that estrogen levels in my home were soaring high on Saturday afternoon.  We ate, we played games, and Amy opened a bunch of adorable gifts.  Congratulations, Amy!  I can't wait to meet that sweet baby boy either.

 A Chocolate Fondue Smorgasbord!
 On the menu: pineapple, bananas, strawberries, pretzels, pound cake, and marshmallows... 
all dipped in chocolate!
 Dani decorating the cake
 Name that mystery baby food.  No tasting!
 A genuinely happy prego lady
Dani's amazing blue zebra cake.  It tasted just as good as it looks!


Other Weekend Highlights:

:: A girls' afternoon in town with Momma Nelson and my sister-in-law Amber on Friday.  We tried on clothes (I got a new outfit!) and ate lunch at Red Robin.  Momma Nelson spoiled us rotten.  It's always fun shopping with the girls.

::  Bron and I kept true to tradition and had dinner at Texas Roadhouse with the guys and their wives.  (Thanks for babysitting my bawling momma-sick baby, Merri Sue!)

:: Dinner and a movie at the Raiger's home with the kids, of course

:: When Bron brought Jed home after the baby shower, Jed opened the door and enthusiastically announced, "I'm baack!"  It was stinkin' cute.

:: Jed just about died laughing at his dad's voice after sucking the helium life out of a balloon

:: The fire/carbon monoxide alarms going off several times in the middle of the night.  Scare. Me. To. Pieces.  It so happens that our alarms were picking up the helium leaking from the party balloons when the heat pump fan shut off.  Bron figured it out around 3:00AM and promptly took those balloons outside to pop them!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

7 comments

  1. sounds like such a fun weekend! and great job on the baby shower. i'm throwing one in may, so thanks for the inspiration! i love the 'name that baby food' game. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mystery baby food game- too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I had a friend just like this when we lived up north and I miss her so badly!!
    What a fun shower... you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad it turned out great. I knew it would. You have a knack for entertaining. I had on Friday too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cake looks so yummy!

    Did you end up deciding on a new name for your blog? I like the current name by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I'm baaaack!" Jed has a funny sense of humor! And I agree with your mother in law, you have a knack for entertaining. You can throw me a fondu party whenever you want ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet baby shower! Congrats to your friend -- I have two little girls & would love to have a boy someday. New follower here -- stopping by from runninglikeamother.com :) Absolutely love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.