SLIDER

2 on May 22


We celebrated Ezra's 2nd birthday on Sunday!!!  I am so grateful to have this 4th little boy and I am so thankful that he still has wrist rolls and chubby little knuckle dimples.  He makes me feel like he's still holding onto his babyhood, at least a little bit.  He's just happy to be alive and along for the ride!  Little people are the best.  

His birthday was bittersweet for me.  Ezra is growing up, one day at a time.  I don't want any more babies, but I would sure give anything to snuggle each of my children when they were newborns just one more time -- feel their weight on my chest, smell the tops of their fresh heads, listen to them suck as they nurse, and watch their yawns and stretches.  Oh, that was heaven on earth!  But so is this current reality, just in a much more chaotic and messy way.  

Ezra is a boy of few words. His vocabulary mostly consists of "go" "shoes" "more" and "mom".  But what he lacks in words, he more than makes up for in personality.  Of all my children, Ezra is probably the most ornery and stubborn.  He makes messes faster than I can clean them.  But he's also such a tease!  Ezra loves to laugh and get a rise out of anyone.  His favorite game is to pinch my naked behind when I get out of the shower!  The boy loves his groceries, especially milk and strawberries. He will never turn down a meal, thus his deserved nickname: Chungus.  I enjoy watching his little diaper butt run -- I mean waddle -- in excitement towards the bathtub or his daddy.  The song Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes is Ezra's jam.  Every time it comes on his tonie box he goes bananas and starts dancing. 

Ezra is the reason I feel a bit more tired at the end of the day, but he's also a ray of sunshine who brings so many snippets of joy.  Happy 2nd Birthday, Ezra!!!  You are so loved.


My mom, Greg, and Ryan came over on Sunday afternoon to help us celebrate.  We ate hamburgers, opened presents, and ate cupcakes.  I love how Conrad can be such a helpful big brother.  He helped Ezra blow out his candles, but not before Ezra reached out to touch the flame!  Ouch!  He's okay though; it just scared him.  He was over it and eating his cupcake two minutes later.  Then he took a bath with his new bath toy Grandma bought him.  I think Ezra had a good birthday!


Of course I had to celebrate Ezra in my own way by blowing up a bunch of balloons for him to play with after his nap so I could capture some fun photos.  A win for both of us.

^^That diaper butt.^^

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.