SLIDER

A Weekend with My Cousins in Tetonia


I got to sneak away with just Ezra in tow for an unexpected visit with my cousins and their families in Tetonia for the weekend.  When my Uncle Jeff's mother passed away, his family had a graveside service for her burial under the Tetons where she grew up.  I'm not exactly a part of that side of the family, but when my cousin Rachel invited me out to see them, of course I dropped everything to see her!  

These girls feel like a second set of sisters to me!  I love them so much.  I hadn't seen their kids in years.  I got to meet Emily's little Declan for the first time; he's just six months younger than Ezra.  The pair were a funny little duo together, stealing each other's sippy cups and jabbering nonsense.  And Rachel's oldest, Luke, is now 15 and is a totally awesome kid!  I wish he lived closer so his coolness could rub off on Jed.  I arrived Saturday afternoon, just in time to hug Grandma Smith and my Aunt Mari before they headed back to Utah.  The whole group of us stayed in an oversized cabin, ate too many sweets, and did not get enough sleep.  It was exactly everything a family reunion is supposed to consist of!            

On Saturday evening, Rachel whisked Necia and myself out of the cabin during golden hour for an impromptu moose hunt.  We spotted 11 moose!  Admittedly, I had more fun taking pictures of my cousins taking pictures of the moose than I did actually seeing the moose. 😆

It took all morning to get the family moving on Sunday, but we eventually made it to Teton National Park.  Ezra woke up from his nap in the back seat and excitedly pointed out the window at the Tetons.  He intuitively knew those peaks are something special!  We hiked around Jenny Lake to the waterfall.  There was still so much snow on the trail!  Ezra held onto a tiny truck and happily jabbered in my ear most of the way.  He loves to go, go, go!  It was just beautiful.  We could not have asked for a more beautiful day for hiking. 

^^I spy our 12th moose!^^

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.