SLIDER

Five Days in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico


It snowed today.  It was so slick going down our hill that I CREAMED the stop sign with my car.  Yikes!  Fortunately, we are all just fine and no real damage was done.  The county was able to stand the sign right back up.  Thank goodness.

So on that frigid note, that's rewind time to last week when Bron and I visited Cabo San Lucas, Mexico for his annual Progressive Dairy Solutions business retreat.  It was such a warm sunny dream! We stayed at one of the fanciest resorts I've ever laid eyes on, The Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal.  It was like one of my boys drew it up: situated right on the ocean, every room had its own heated private pool.  On two mornings, I was up before the sun to watch it rise over the ocean.  We spent hours out on that balcony, eating fresh guacamole and chips, watching for whales (they were as numerous as deer are here at home!), and just soaking in the tub.  It was wonderful.   




^^El Farallon^^


While Bron was in meetings and golfing all that first day, I spent my morning exploring the resort and local marina.  To leave the resort, I had to walk through a tunnel that was half a mile long!  It was so cool.  In the afternoon, I enjoyed a relaxing facial at the overpriced but immaculate spa.  I told Bron we need to remodel our bathroom now; I need a sauna.  (Just kidding.)

Every evening was an event.  I dressed up a bit, put on some heels, and enjoyed so much delicious food!  One night was spent eating outside with a view of the ocean and the iconic arch.  There was a really great band that played all sorts of popular songs, including Baby Shark for the kids.  Lol.  Another night, we ate Italian food in Mexico.  Such a fun change of pace from tacos and fish.  My favorite dinner, however, was at the El Farallon, the resort's premier restaurant that sits perched on some rocks right on the ocean.  Bron's boss rented it out for the evening and spoiled the entire company with a three course meal where we got to sample every kind of fish and dessert they made!  Finally, the night was topped off with fireworks.  Wow.

The second morning, I went for another walk and found a swimmable beach.  (The Pacific Ocean is too dangerous to swim in along the coast line in Cabo.)  Then I returned to the resort for some Hibiscus water -- we were obsessed -- and laid out in the sun to read my book and talk with some friends, Heidi and Brooke.  By then, I could feel myself physically relax.  I had been working through solving my problem of getting tension headaches by the end of every day at home.  In Mexico, those tension headaches melted away.  Imagine that!  I was stress free!  My phone didn't even work in Mexico.  Woot!
















That second afternoon, we were in for a treat.  Half of the folks at PDS had signed up for a dolphin experience.  This dolphin experience exceeded my expectations!  We were split into small groups.  Bron and I were with the King family.  We got to pet our dolphin and ask many questions.  We took turns dancing with our dolphin, getting kisses, and even got to go for a couple of swims with the dolphin!  The first swim, we held onto the dolphin and she took us about ten feet under water and shot us like a rocket back to the surface!  Such an incredible feeling.  The second swim, was above water.  My goodness, those dolphins are like bullets in the water; they are so fast!  And so full of personality.  That hour with the dolphins was definitely a highlight of our trip!

On Saturday morning, Bron and I headed out to the marina early for a scuba diving excursion.  We did three dives and were the only patrons on the boat!  The water was so cold.  I wore a 7mm wet suit but still wound up shivering. The visibility wasn't as great as Cozumel, but we got to see some different varieties of colorful fish.  One of my favorite parts of the dives was seeing these giant schools of fish move together.  The crowning highlight, however, was when a sea lion decided to take a nap on the sand just in front of us for a couple of minutes.  Did I mention that Bron got so sea sick he threw up?  He did it in an impressive amount of time, less than five minutes!

Our scuba trip also turned into whale watching.  Our boat captain joined some other boats as they followed three whales through the water.  It was absolutely marvelous watching them breech, blow air, and even slap their tails!  I felt like I could just about reach out and touch them.  Then we headed back towards shore where there was a mama and calf pair having a ball.  Mama whale was obviously teaching her calf something.  She pounded the water with her tail and then Baby copied and did the same.  It was a show!  And one of the neatest things I have ever witnessed.





I thought this pelican was going to attack Bron!








^^The resort at night!  They lit up the trees and hung glass hearts.  It was lovely.  This is the tree in front of the tunnel.^^





Take me back to the warm sunshine, the sound of the ocean, and the vivid colors!  Our trip to Cabo was so incredibly relaxing.  Those quiet one-on-one days with just my husband were such a gift.

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.