SLIDER

Shoot Through January Personal Challenge

About a week into the new year, I realized I'd taken a photo nearly every day.  The thought of doing a 365 project (shooting a picture every day in 2022) crossed my mind, but that just felt like I was setting myself up for failure. So instead, I committed to shooting everyday through the month of January!  It was harder than I thought, but it kept my mind occupied through one of the coldest winters we've had in quite a while.  Of course, I wasn't perfect at it.  I may have skipped a day or two.  And other days, I couldn't possibly narrow it down to just one photo!  So here is my little photo project, all summed up into one post.


Rainy day play.  Also, see Thomas the Train, there? A certain child ran him through my hair the other day and I had to cut it to get the train out!


Favorite game: Peek-A-Boo. I'll never get enough of those chubby knuckles!


Breakfast.  It was the orange and blue combination that caught my eye.  And pancakes are a much requested favorite right now too.


Home is where my boys are.  We've lived in our new home for exactly a year and I still have to pinch myself to make sure it's for real!  From waking in my room in the morning, pulling into the driveway, cooking in the kitchen... it's all a dream come true.  I know I can't take it with me when I go, but I really do ❤ my house.  Cheers to another year of growth and making memories here and many more after that.  Also, here is a very slap happy Ezra after a bath.






We took Jed and Levi skiing one Friday night! This was the view on our drive up the mountain as we got above the clouds. Wow! And the third picture is a very grainy picture of our shadows on the lift cast onto the ground by the moon. I'm nerdy and thought it was cool.

Anyway, I am so proud of Jed and Levi! Levi just plowed down the mountain and refused to ever step into the lodge to warm up. Jed overcame a very particular fear, and though he was very careful and slow, he conquered the slopes a total of four or five times. It's so fun to watch these kids learn new things.


 
Currently in that phase of life where taking a shower is risky.  Not ever sure what messes and mischief await me when I step out!  But finding these two in my closet one day was pretty cute.


I've been loving these foggy and frosty mornings, when every branch and every blade of grass is covered in a layer of ice.  It's a magical kind of pretty!



The death of a Poinsettia.




Weekend breakfast.


The neighbor's cows.


Jed.  My oldest son.  He turns 12 this year and I'm pretty sure he will be taller than me before he officially becomes a teenager.  He's been growing like a weed!  I took him to the store a few days ago to buy a new pair of shoes because he'd outgrown his old ones.  Then we perused through the men's section for the first time!  We picked out three shirts together, all a size S. 😮😭  It blows my mind that he was Ezra's size exactly ten years ago.  It really does go by so fast.  But maybe not fast enough... we still have to survive his teenage years. 😂  Jed is also my bookworm.  He made a goal to read 100 books in 2022.  I have no doubt he'll do it!  I found him like this first thing in the morning one weekend.



I am totally requesting afternoon kindergarten in the Fall just so we can enjoy another year of slow mornings filled with play just like this.


May I present the animated face of a little boy eating brown sugar!  (No, I don't normally let him do this. Worth it.)  Also, his shirt says Predictably Irrational.  Sums up his one and half year old personality perfectly.


Conrad learned to pour his own milk this month!  That's a big milestone around here.



One day, Conrad found some Christmas cupcake toppers that we forgot to use last month.  So we made banana nut muffins together and he decorated them instead.


Just a mama who is going to treat her baby like a baby for as long as possible.  Those cheeks are still about as scrumptious to kiss as the day he arrived.


The face of a silly baby dancing to Encanto for the umpteenth time.


A family winter adventure: snowshoeing!  Conrad told me that if I'm out of breath, all I have to do is sniff a tree because they give oxygen.  He's not wrong!  But he's funny.  First picture is of Conrad showing me how it's done. 🤣❤️  We also spotted six different moose that day!  So that was really neat.





 



Sticky lollipop for breakfast, anyone? 




Taking these portraits of each of my boys made me want to do it every month this year, except I'll add variety with some of their favorite things and maybe be silly too.
 



How to make Ezra happy:
1. Feed him food. Any food.
2. Give him a bath.
3. Read him a story.
It's a simple life, but someone has to live it!






Took the kids to the city pool this afternoon to beat that January cabin fever feeling.  We had so much fun! And for some reason, I'm loving these pictures in black and white today.  (The really silly embarrassing colored ones I'm keeping to myself. 🤪)


The final day of January was my birthday!  I'm thirty-something again. 😉  So I thought it would be appropriate to finish my month long shooting project with a self portrait -- but make it a double exposure -- which was much harder than I imagined it would be!  I had a great day thanks to friends and family who sent messages, lunch with my sister in law, an enthusiastic five year old, and a husband who brought home an ice cream cake and new workout clothes and then sent me out the door to enjoy a hot yoga class.

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.