SLIDER

Date Night: The Best Night of the Week


We have a really good thing going.  In our eleven years of marriage, weekly date nights have become a staple for Bron's and my relationship... because we're more than just teammates, we're sweethearts!

Date night is hands-down my favorite night of the week.  In fact, looking forward to getting away from my round the clock boy mom job for a few hours of relaxation and fun is sometimes the only thing that gets me through some of those long and busy days.  (Just to be clear, sometimes life gets in the way and we may skip a date or two, but these dates are definitely a priority.)  Date nights are our way of stealing a few selfish hours to ourselves to do exactly what we want to do without any interruption.  Most importantly, however, it's about reconnecting to the man I said 'yes' to all those years ago and all the reasons I fell in love with him.

Last Saturday, Bron and I headed up to the South Hills for a long mountain bike ride!  You bet I was grinning from ear to ear as I rode through all those yellow flowers.  Without any coaxing, Bron read my mind and whipped out his phone for this shot.  Haha.  Mountain biking is such a blast.  Then I changed into a casual dress in the truck and we went out to dinner at a local Italian restaurant called Tomato's.  We sat side by side in the booth, whispering like teenagers and drinking Italian cream sodas that tasted like dessert.  Finally, we rounded it all out with a trip to the grocery store.  Balance.  Can't get away from reality for too long.

I love you, Bron!  Thanks for making date nights a special thing.      


No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.