SLIDER

Two Months with Ezra


Someone pinch me. Sometimes I look at this sweet little squish and cannot believe he is here and he is real. I have a baby again! It is the sweetest feeling. Why must the first 365 days go so fast? I want to soak in every moment and every phase. At a whopping 14 pounds, Ezra is already no longer a newborn anymore and he is totally becoming one of the crew. His chunky little rolls make me so proud and happy. 

Ezra makes me feel like the most amazing mom. I mean, I do feel like I'm able to anticipate and meet his needs better than with any of my other babies, but the credit really goes to him. Ezra is the most content baby! I am so glad because I don't think Bron nor I could handle the extra stress of a fussy crying baby right now. 

Ezra is smiling and cooing! It's the sweetest thing. He is happiest and most chatty in the morning. I look forward to scooping him up out of his crib each day. The way he looks at me with complete adoration... it both humbles me and melts me to the core. 

Ezra loves to suck his fist and be held all day long! He practically lives in the Solly Wrap or LilleBaby carrier. If I'm holding him, he's as happy as a clam, looking around with curious eyes as I go about my daily tasks or sleeping soundly on my chest. I love that I can be productive/attentive to the other kids while still soaking in all the baby snuggles. I must kiss the top of his a million times a day! My tight back muscles are worth every moment of carrying him around. 

Besides me, Ezra's next favorite person is Jed. Jed is so sweet with Ezra and takes every opportunity to hold him and comfort him when he's crying. I'm excited to see their relationship develop! 

 I hit my wall around 6 weeks postpartum, desperate for sleep. I was running on empty and even began feeling more panicky, emotional, and anxious as each day wore on. It actually worried me a bit! Then magically, Ezra began sleeping five and six hour stretches at night! It was exactly what I needed. Ezra likes to go to bed for the night around 9:30PM now and wakes up to eat around 3:30AM or 4AM. He nurses, I change his diaper, he nurses again, and then he sleeps another three hour-ish stretch. This is the sweet spot right here; getting up for those night time snuggles just once. It's wonderful and I don't want to wish this phase away. 

You are a spot of joy in my life little Ezra! We all love you so much and are thrilled to add you, our fourth and final piece, to our family puzzle.


No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.