SLIDER

Happy New Year! Quick 2019 Recap


I selfishly love putting these year at a glance collages together just to see how cohesive and colorful my photography is!  It's surprisingly gratifying.  Plus, it's of course fun to review all that has happened and all that we have done.  I can't help but feel grateful for this one crazy BEAUTIFUL life and the people I get to share it with!

2019 was a really great year overall.  My boys are getting older and more independent.  There always seems to be some mess to clean up, some fight to referee, or some unwanted behavior to redirect, but there's also always something to laugh about, something to look forward to, and most importantly, someONE to hug.  These boys of mine (yes, especially the big one!) bring so much sunshine into my life daily.  I can't wait to add one more someone in 2020!


Here are the highlights from 2019:


January:  Bron and I enjoyed an overnight ski trip to Grand Targhee and I began potty training Conrad.

February:  We enjoyed sledding and snowshoeing to Ross Falls in the snow.  Jed and Levi wrestled.  Everyone in the family caught the actual flu except Conrad.

March:  Jed and Levi participated in their first Pinewood derby and we spent a week playing in St. George, Utah over Spring break!

April:  Jed turned 9 years old.  Bron and I spent a blissful and adventurous week in Maui!  

May:  Bron and I celebrated 12 years of marriage.  I spent a special girls' weekend at Women's Conference in Utah with family.  I got to play my violin for MCO in both Boise and Orange County; it also meant I got to spend a fun weekend visiting my dad.  We got rained out during our annual Nelson Camp and Climb event at the City of Rocks.  

June:  The boys began spending all their free time in the water and at baseball.  We started our Sunday evening tradition of roasting marshmallows in the South Hills.  Bron took the young men on a four day High Adventure Campout and got snowed on!
  
July:  We celebrated Independence Day!  I visited New York City with my mom and sister and played my violin in Carnegie Hall.  Bron and I rode our bikes in a relay race called El Doce.  We went on our first mountain bike ride all together as a family of five!

August:  Levi turned 7 years old.  We took a fantastic family vacation to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho and Glacier National Park.  We found a camping spot with the most incredible view of the stars.  The boys started 4th and 2nd grades.  

September:  The kids and I performed in the Primary Program at church.  The big boys started swim team.  I found out I was pregnant!

October:  I took the boys to their first Haunted House, we carved pumpkins, and celebrated Halloween!  I tried not to fall apart with a calendar full of family photo shoots coupled with morning sickness.

November:  Conrad turned three years old!  We celebrated Thanksgiving and got to see our newest addition on the ultrasound screen for the first time.  

December:  We closed on five acres of land to build a new home, hosted a delicious donut party with friends, played in the snow, and celebrated Christmas!  Lastly, Levi got 13 stitches in his face.
         

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.