SLIDER

Happy Mother's Day to Me!


There was a time not too long ago when I didn't like Mother's Day all that much.  It made me sad and left me with a lump in the back of my throat.  Thankfully, that is NOT the case today!  Jed and Levi are both overly enthusiastic about the gifts they bring home from school and are so quick to give me a hug, that I can't help feel anything but loved.  To them, I can do no wrong.  Best of all, they still want me around and need me every day.

I have the best boys a woman could dream up.  Ever since I was a little girl, I knew I wanted to be a mother.  All I ever really wanted to do was be a stay-at-home mom.  And here I am today, the lucky caregiver of three energetic big-hearted boys.  Sometimes it feels surreal.  They surpass my wildest dreams in their looks and personalities and talents and in the way they fill my heart up to overflowing.  I have never felt so whole and content as I do now.

But all that love does not mean I am a perfect mother.  Oh, no!  I am far, far from perfect.  I pray every day for divine help in curbing my weaknesses, or at least help in making up for them in some way because honestly, sometimes I ignore my children.  Sometimes I forget about something "important" to them.  Sometimes I'm downright lazy and feed them hot dogs warmed up in the microwave and spend nap time doing anything but being productive.  Sometimes I'm just too darn tired to fulfill another request.  And sometimes I yell and lose my shiz because I asked them three times to pick up their dirty clothes and they just are not listening!!!

But other times I give myself a gentle pat on the back because I make eye contact and really listen.  I remember to just laugh it off.  I teach with patience and love.  I'm prepared and on the ball about their schoolwork and activities.  I plan a nutritious dinner 90% of the time.  I'm helping to instill habits of prayer and scripture study.  But best of all, we enjoy being together.

Family life is a bi-polar ride!  But overall, I'd say it's going all right.  I just hope that when they're grown, my mistakes are overshadowed by my honest efforts.  I love you with all my heart Jed, Levi, and Conrad! Thanks for letting me be your mother.

^^Jed and Levi brought me breakfast in bed this morning: yogurt, fruit, and a dum dum planted like a flag into a strawberry.  Haha.^^
^^The flower and pot Levi painted for me in Kindergarten.  Trust me, I'm swooning.^^

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.