^^Levi kept reaching into the creek and pulling out dripping wet leaves. "It's brains!" he teased. "Eeeew!" Jed retorted. Then they both laughed hysterically.^^
^^Playing cowboys and Indians. Interesting thing is, these 19th century cellars really were used for for "food storage, a temporary jail, and protection from Indians." It's a lot of fun to pretend to step back in time!^^
^^Shhh! No one tell the boys that dandelions are really a weed. They so lovingly pick them for me and I can't get enough!^^
Top 5 Weekend Highlights:
1. The little boys and I enjoyed our Friday afternoon at the "beaver dam" (aka the historical Stricker Station). Playing in the old cellars and exploring the creek never seems to get old! We all love it. We played til Levi slipped--I knew it was coming but he didn't--and got himself all muddy and soaking wet. Haha.
2. A girls' night out at the Pizza Pie Cafe for me! It was followed by a Target trip, of course.
3. We spent a beautiful warm Saturday afternoon at Dierkes rock climbing with friends! Bron was the first in our group to conquer a particular route. It just so happened to be rated a 5.10a. Go Bron! There are no words to describe how addicting and fun that sport is. And need I mention how healthy it is for the kids to run around, climb, and play too? It's a win for everyone.
4. Sunday morning we woke up extra early to make it to my niece's baby blessing in Hamer, ID. (They still had snow on the ground over there! Eeew.) We attended church, ate a delicious lunch--I tried every single soup on the table--and gabbed with family.
5. The bad news is that our refrigerator stopped working over the weekend and we have to buy a new one. The good news is that we were able to move all the food to the fridge and freezer in the garage before it spoiled (...except that old fridge smells like there's a dead mouse stuck up inside somewhere. There probably is.) The bad news is that the boys were a pair of monkeys in the stores today. They opened every single refrigerator door on display and thought it was funny. The good news is that I wasn't planning on buying a new refrigerator today but I just happened to score exactly what I was looking for (minus the water dispenser) in the scratch and dent section at Lowe's for a steal. It arrives tomorrow. Yippee!