SLIDER

Mom, When I Grow Up I'm Going to be...


We were driving to town in the car one afternoon when Jed spotted a policeman astride his motorcycle.  

"Mom, when I grow up I want to be a motorcycle police man!"   

Then Levi chimed in with his opinion, "When I grow up, I'm going to be a soldier and drive a big machine with a gun!"

"Soldiers die, Levi," Jed said matter of factly, a reflection of his cautious personality.

"Nuh-uh, Jed," Levi retaliated, "because I'm going to hold the gun--a BIG gun--and shoot it at the bad guys {insert boyish sound effect} and say, 'Goodbye!'"

I laughed out loud.  At least he has an accurate understanding of the American military.  Go get 'em Levi!  I wouldn't be the least surprised if that actually happened.  

Jed and Levi, with a bit of work, both you boys can do whatever you set your mind to do.  I have no doubt you'll make me a proud mama... because I am already.   

3 comments

  1. ahh i love little conversations like that!! i would be laughing, too!! i bet they make you laugh a lot. :) and those are the happiest sprinkler shots! being a kid is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool how you got the picture to move. I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.