SLIDER

So Cal Solo

^^Hey, look!  I finally hopped on the Instagram wagon.^^

So what else did I do for three full days without my two little ankle biters in tow?  Simple: I relaxed!  It was a strange wonderful thing.  If I didn't get enough sleep (I didn't), I most certainly came back rejuvenated.

I spent all of Saturday around my old stomping grounds in San Diego.  I met up with an old friend from high school, Henry.  We never dated but I remember our table having a really fun time in the back of our Spanish class.  Henry took me to the farmer's market downtown where I slurped down my very first oyster (fishy but not too bad) and introduced me to a chili strawberry lemonade that was surprisingly good!  Then we ate fish tacos on the beach in Coronado before heading back to hit some golf balls with another friend.  What a fantastic day, right?  And to think I topped it off with my ten year high school reunion

The rest of the weekend included reading a book, swimming with family, good food, "meeting" my brother's Hungarian girlfriend via Skype (she's a cutie) and being regaled with stories and pictures from my dad's recent trip to Europe.

Before heading to the airport on Monday, I got to spend some quality one-on-one time with my brother Joey (lovingly known as Hoey to my sister and me).  I've missed him!  We explored Laguna Beach and ended the morning with more fish tacos (I have a thing for fish tacos) at a local Mexican food restaurant.

So that's my weekend in a nutshell.  I'm already counting down the days till our next trip to So Cal next month!   

California will always hold a special place in my heart.  Upon stepping off the plane in Los Angeles, I smelled the salty air and immediately thought, "Home".  But as I drove to the dairy to pick up my little boys from the airport in Idaho Falls, I had a similar thought about Idaho: wide open spaces, mountains, and no traffic--it's beautiful.  I guess this transplanted military brat sets roots wherever she's planted. 

1 comment

  1. This sounds like so much fun, Laguna is one of our favorites! Glad you enjoyed your time :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.