SLIDER

Snapshots and Life Lately

Since this blog is my journal, I'm going to write down what we've been up to lately... because it's been a while. 


::  We're still at it, running that is.  Fortunately, the temperature has kept above freezing during the day which means I can still go on outdoor runs.  We don hats and jackets and I tuck my boys in nice and tight with a thick blanket or two.  If the wind is blowing, I pull down the nifty plastic protector.  Jed grabs some toys for the ride and Levi takes a nap.  The boys seem to enjoy getting some fresh air.  And so do I!  Plus, it's a fun social venture when we go running with my friend Amy and her two little girls.  We usually end up having lunch at one house or another.  But alas, my days of outdoor running are numbered.  I'm not looking forward to surrendering to the treadmill and some exercise videos.


::  Have I told you about our car?  It has nearly 200,000 miles on it.  It's really awesome (not).  It has no headlights and the fan comes on sporadically, which means I have heat/ac sporadically.  So that means two things 1. I have a curfew of 5PM.  I think Bron secretly likes the idea that I can't go shopping.  2. We're torn on whether to get it fixed or bite the bullet and buy a "new" car.  Ugh.

::  I woke Jed up from a late Sunday afternoon nap.  He groggily wandered into the den and climbed into Bron's lap.  I came in later to find both Bron and Jed fast asleep on the couch "watching" football.  Cutest thing ever.  I just love how Jed's legs are crossed!  

::  Levi is learning to use his hands!  It's so fun to watch him stare and concentrate then try to grab.  He's getting pretty good at it. 


::  We've had some exciting weekends.  One of Bron's best friends {since the beginning of time} and his family spent the night at our home one weekend.  We ate pizza, watched a movie, and stayed up till 2AM just catching up.  It was so good to see them!  It was also the first time we got to meet their baby boy, James, who is just 8 days older than Levi.

The weekend before that, we drove to Boise to meet Bron's best buddy from their undergrad.  Dusty is now finishing his Veterinarian degree and doing some clinicals in the area, so we had to meet up, of course!  So we dropped Jed off with my mom and met Dusty and his wife Hailey downtown.  We strolled to the Spaghetti Factory for dinner and then headed on over to the Cheesecake Factory for dessert.  I was stuffed!  But it all tasted sooo good.  Best of all, we didn't want the night to end.  We could have kept talking for hours more!

And yes, the Friday before that Amy and I were craving Carino's.  So we got last minute babysitters for the kids and THEN informed our husbands.  So a double date (+ Amy's cool sister who was in town) it was!  It was great to get out of the house and eat some good food and laugh a lot.

Don't let me fool you though.  Levi was not an angel on these nights out.  He screamed through half of each meal.  I think he's a bit of a homebody.  

I can't say it enough: I love these boys of mine!

I'd say we lead pretty darn good lives around here.  I'm looking forward to the Holidays!

2 comments

  1. I love looking at pictures of your boys! I especially love Jed's look while watching Cars. Will has a very similar look when watching Cars :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Levi is getting bigger and cuter! I recognize the blanket I gave you! Yay! you use the hand me downs I give you....I'm happy to hear that and I'll send more. I love the picture of Jed and Bron sleeping together. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.