SLIDER

The Pumpkin Festival


Among great weekend highlights like Kaleb's football game and general conference, we also hit up The Pumpkin Festival and Carnival.  It was a crisp and breezy perfect October day for celebrating Fall!  I bought a fistful of tickets and my boys and I enjoyed ourselves very much.

First order of business: a train ride!  Jed begged to go, but when I placed him in the seat he wasn't quite sure what to think.  Five minutes later he arrived back with a grin on his face.  Next, we tackled carnival games like bobbing for apples and a cupcake walk.  Jed actually won the goldfish toss!  Winner or not though, all the kids collected bagfuls of candy and prizes.  But the best part by far was the tractor pulled hay ride to the pumpkin patch.  Each child got to pick a "free" pumpkin.  Jed was so overwhelmed by the number of pumpkins, he simply could not choose!  He kept picking up the little orange globes and lining them up in a row.  Then he started to feel anxious as the tractors kept passing us by!  He didn't understand that they would be making yet another loop and be back in a few minutes.  So we hopped on the next hay ride--Jed with a relaxed satisfactory smile on his face and a perfect orange pumpkin.  By then it was time for a nap.  Jed had a public meltdown, one more train ride, another meltdown, and then a silent sleepy ride home.

It was an afternoon of fall time fun for everyone!  I'm already looking forward to doing it again next year.


4 comments

  1. That sounds so fun! I want to take Hailey to a pumpkin patch this year. I think she would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Can't wait to come and do some fall activities with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came across your blog! Your boys are adorable! =) Love the pumpkin patch =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't this time of year simply the best!? You make me want to race out to a pumpkin patch. Loving your cute blog! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.