SLIDER

The New Mr. and Mrs. Nelson


Talon and Amber Nelson


My New Sister, Amber
Such a BEAUTIFUL Bride!


Brothers: Tyrel, Talon, Bron

Bron's little brother, Talon, got married on Saturday May 9, 2009 in the Columbia River Temple in Washington. We're so excited for him and his new bride! I remember Bron and my first summer together: It was bliss!!! There's nothing like being a newlywed... and then being married. I love it! I'm happy the two get to experience it too. Talon and his bride are now in Hawaii on their Honeymoon. It was a total surprise for her. I can't wait to hear all about it!

The ceremony was beautiful. I think it often benefits the couples in attendance more than the bride and groom. :) hehe The reception was in the cultural hall at the Stake Center across the street from the Temple. It was decked out like a tent with material hanging from the ceiling and little white lights. My favorite part were the strawberries and the chocolate fountain. Bron and I were in charge of the music. After the daddy-daughter dance and their first dance, we did the cha-cha and some other fun and romantic pieces. It was great! And yes, their car got decorated good! haha

The weekend started on Friday with a loong drive. It's at least a ten hour drive from Eastern Idaho to the Tri-Cities. There were 7 of us in a suburban: Flint and Merri Sue, Tyrel and his wife DeAnn, their baby Garrison, and Bron and myself. It was actually a pretty nice drive. I don't think we could've done it without the Garmin though. Whew! We took a pit stop at Shoshone Falls in Twin Falls. This time of year more water goes over the falls than the Niagra. Cool! I wonder why it's not more popular? Then we stopped at Tucano's in Boise for lunch. I found a new favorite restaurant! It's an all you can eat buffet where the waitors bring around all kinds of meat on skewers. I tried chicken heart and a boiled quail egg. Yum! But my favorite was the brown sugar roasted pineapple. So sweet!

On the trip home we stopped at my mom's house in Meridian for lunch. She really went all out! And it tasted so good! My little brothers loved the baby. They brought in a box full of baby toys from the garage and stacked them next to the baby. Sensory overload! Garrison didn't know what to think! It was pretty funny. :) That was the last time I'll get to see my Mom before Bron and I take an even longer road trip to our new home in New York. I love you, Mom! Happy Mother's Day!

P.S. Whatever you do, don't share a motel room with your parents. Ever. Bron and I awoke in the middle of the night to snoring that sounded more like a saber toothed tiger with a cold.


Self Portrait of My Honey and Me (just gotta have one!)

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.