SLIDER

Eight and Nine Months with Ezra



Ezra,

Nine whole months with you, Baby Boy! I cannot believe how fast your first year is flying by. I've been desperately trying to cherish every precious moment of your babyhood -- from the way your heavy little body feels in my arms as you nurse to sleep at night to the way you smile and flap your arms with happiness when you first see me in the morning. You have brought so much peace and happiness into my life. You, Ezra, were the one I was waiting on. I intuitively knew one more little spirit was meant to join our family and it was YOU. 

We visited the doctor yesterday for your well checkup. You weighed over 24 pounds and are 29.5 inches tall. That puts you in the 97th percentile for weight and about the 90th percentile for height. So the doc is basically saying there aren't many babies in the world bigger than you! It's no wonder I've struggled to keep up with your eating schedule and had to bust out the 18 month clothes! 

You've earned the nicknames Cheeks and Chubs. There was a brief time when I could barely zip up your pajamas over your chubby thighs! Oh, they are scrumptious. I love tickling your chunky thighs and photographing every sweet stomach roll. I wouldn't change a thing; you're the epitome of a perfect chunky rolly poly baby. 

Ezra, you are still breastfeeding like a champ and eating solid food about three times a day. You get so excited about food! But I suppose I would be thrilled about meal time too if everything that went into my mouth tasted brand new. You love eating eggs and toast for breakfast and are totally getting the hang of that pincer grip by pinching puffs and peas. I keep pureed baby food on hand just to appease your appetite with healthy, easy and quick to grab options. Feeding you is a part time job in itself, taking up a solid 2 to 2.5 hours of time each day! But I know it's only a phase. I remember feeling this way with your big brothers too. 

Speaking of food, you cut your first two teeth in February! And with or without teeth, you often like to jabber and growl. Lots of growling that makes us all laugh! And talking noisily because you deserve to been heard amongst all the chaos too! It sure is loud in this house at times. 

You're still pretty bald. More hair is growing in on the top of your head, but for the most part you are rocking the old man horseshoe look, complete with long wisps growing over your ears. 

Your biggest recent development was learning to army crawl these last couple of weeks! You're getting pretty good at it too. You can actually propel yourself all the way from the toy room and across the kitchen... to cry at my feet or play in a cupboard. I really truly do love this phase of babyhood. 

You adapted to our big move and the new house quickly. I could tell it was stressful on you at first; you refused food and would only nurse for two days. But now we've fallen into a pretty good daily routine, which includes you sleeping solidly through the night! What a blessing that is for me as your mama. 

Ezra, you absolutely adore your big brothers. You watch them intently. You're too distracted to nurse whenever they're in the room. The biggest smile spreads across your face when the big boys come home from school. Jed dotes and loves on you as only a caring big brother can. And you laugh at everything Conrad does. You're already a part of the crew -- lifetime best friends. 

I'm looking forward to watching your relationships blossom and evolve as you grow. Don't grow up too fast, Baby Boy! We all adore and cherish you just the way you are. I will surely miss having a baby in our home one day. 

I love you. I love you. I love you. I cannot wait to kiss your sweet cheeks when you wake from your nap. 

Love, Mom


No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.