SLIDER

Fourth Baby Bumpdate: 36 Weeks


May is here!!!  It's finally baby month!  I can hardly believe it.  The thought that I will be holding another baby so soon feels surreal.  We are really going to have another baby?!  It blows my mind.  I am so excited.  I cannot put into words how much I am looking forward to all those sweet and precious firsts, beginning with the moment I get to hold him in my arms, smell the top of his head, and take in all the curves of his tiny face.

At the same time, however, I do not want to wish these last weeks away.  There's something magical about feeling a baby moving inside.  His kicks and hiccups bring a smile to face.  Yes, even when I'm trying to go to sleep.

The boys make fun of me these days.  I use more toilet paper than the rest of the house combined.  Every move I make comes with a sound effect and I move as slow as a sloth.  My ankles are swollen.  I cry over stupid things. (For instance, I wanted a salad one afternoon but the restaurant was closed!)  I'm playing closet roulette as the amount items that fit gradually shrinks (very literally).  There's a party in my belly and Braxton hicks from 9PM til 1AM every evening.  And I'm embracing the waddle.  When we go on walks, I sometimes have to stop for a second, because well, something inside goes ZING or I might pee my pants... or both.  But really, I'm surprised how far I can walk being so far along.  (Two or three miles!)  I am not nearly in the amount of pain I was in with Levi and Conrad.  This feels like a much more normal pregnancy and I am counting that as a tender blessing.

Birth isn't too far off.  I've become an insomniac with more bursts of energy than should be humanly possible. I was even up in the wee hours of the morning earlier this week with mild contractions that lasted three hours.  My body is getting ready!  

The lack of sleep and this big body have made me utterly exhausted, a little bit (or a lot) ornery, and definitely not the kind of wife, mother, and housekeeper I'd like to be.  I'm just not myself and that's hard on everyone!  But hey, this is my 4th rodeo and I recognize the pattern.  This is all temporary. We'll all be very happy to welcome Baby Boy when he arrives!


*****

Now if you wouldn't mind sending up a quick prayer for a smooth and healthy delivery, I'd really truly appreciate it.  My nerves are beginning to get the best of me.  Send all the good thoughts!

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.