SLIDER

4th Baby Bumpdate: 38 Weeks


Wrapping up this pregnancy journey with one last belly picture.  It feels bittersweet.

Because I make much bigger than average babies, the plan is to be induced this Friday at exactly 39 weeks.  That's less than three days away!!!  That is, if my body says it's ready.

I am so relieved to have an end date; something to count down to.  These last couple of weeks have been a bit of a doozy physically.  I have felt very tired and even nauseous.  Poor kids.  As if it was possible, life around here has gotten even more slow and boring!  My ankles have become so swollen that I don't even recognize my own limbs!  The only shoes I can wear are my flip flops.  (Um, yes, that is why I cropped out my face in these pictures.  You guys, I am a balloon.)  And false labor contractions have kept me on my toes, wondering if they'll turn into the real thing.  But nope; he's cozy in there.

Last Wednesday, I thought my water might have started leaking.  My underwear was uncommonly wet and I was having mild painful contractions every 20 minutes or so.  "Body," I thought, "what is going on?"  I decided to err on the safe side and went in to the hospital to see my provider. Wow, things changed in a week!  All of a sudden, new policies were in place that required everyone to wear a mask and more restrictive measures/signs were posted throughout the hospital.  It felt a bit apocalyptic.  Fortunately, the people behind those masks offered the same friendly service as always.  Apparently, I had a common vaginal infection that just needed some cheap antibiotics to clear up.  Eeew.

Anyway, exciting and miserable physical effects aside, I am so very grateful I got to experience the miracle of creating life within me one fourth and final time.  What a privilege!  I cannot believe this special time of my life -- the part where I'm pregnant and we grow our family -- is almost over.  I will miss this belly.  I will miss feeling the flutters and rolls and pressing my fingers against a tiny foot that moves in response.  I keep trying to imagine what he will look like, but I know breathing him in for the first time will exceed all my expectations. There is nothing on earth quite like the exciting anticipation of new life and all of the joys and possibilities it brings along with it.



A few other final pregnancy notes:

:: Last Saturday, Bron installed the car seat and assembled the crib.  I put together a bag for the hospital and pulled a brand new bassinet out of its box.  We are ready.  I cannot wait to fill those spaces with a real live tiny human being!

:: My nerves are a bit of a mess.  I just keep hoping and praying that labor and delivery will go smoothly and that I will be holding a healthy baby boy in just three days!  (Or less.  Hey, a girl can dream, right?)  Bron reminds me that I feel like this every time.

Then, I become nervous wondering when I'll ever sleep again.  How will I survive the first year with FOUR busy boys?!  Babies are such a joy but can also be so demanding.  Whew.  Just breathe, Jessie.  One day at a time.  Every little thing is going to be okay.
 
:: Conrad talks about his new "baby brudder" often. He even rubs my tummy and speaks for the baby.  "The baby is trying to pinch you!"  "The baby says he wants to eat a apple, Mommy."

If you ask Conrad, the baby's name is Baby Brudder.  Later his name will be changed to Bucket.  We've been teasing Conrad that we will rename him Turd and this brother Bucket = Turd Bucket.  Lol.  I think Conrad has caught on to the joke.  But in all reality, he gets really mad whenever we mention actual names for the baby.  "Nooo!" Conrad yells.  "His name is Baby Brudder!"

The sweetest moment this week was when Conrad placed his stuffed Mickey into the bassinet and gave it a kiss.  Then he carried Mickey outside under one arm for a bike ride.  The awkward weight caused both Conrad and Mickey to fall to the ground.  Conrad is so excited to do so many things with his little brother!  He just doesn't realize how far off that time is going to be.  I'm going to have to watch Conrad like a hawk!


I cannot wait to meet you soon, Baby Boy!  You are so loved already.

1 comment

  1. So very exciting, and I'm so glad for you that you have a definite end date in sight! That last part of pregnancy can just be really hard. I'll send some extra prayers your way that all goes well over the next few days <3

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.