SLIDER

Running


So it's a week early (just 5 weeks postpartum), but I don't care.  I feel great and my legs have been itching to go running.  I've missed it so much: the fresh air, the adrenaline, feeling like I'm doing something for myself.  Bron bought me these brand new shoes on Saturday and we tried them out.  I ran three miles on Saturday (Bron pushed the double stroller) and two miles this morning (It's much harder pushing a stroller!  Tubby needs to learn to ride a bike).  They weren't fast miles and they were a bit tough, but the point is that I conquered.

Running is addicting.  I've set a goal to run a half marathon next spring.  Mark my words, I'm going to do it!  Plus, the side effects are a big plus: like slimming down and fitting back into my old skinny jeans.  Goodbye pear shaped postpartum body!  Helllooo cute mama!  I did it once, I can do it again.  Right?

Okay, who am I kidding?  We all know it was really the nursing that sucked me skinny.  I want to nurse fooorever!  Not really, but I do for the extra calories. 

Next up: sit-ups and push-ups.  I'm reserving some humor for these.  If you've ever had your stomach muscles pulled apart like barbeque pork, you know what I'm talking about.  Remember LAST TIME

3 comments

  1. I am so proud of you. You are such a determined, motivated young woman. There is no doubt in my mind that you can easily run a half marathon. Keep me posted. I'd love to hear your progress. There is always San Diego in June? or Disney in Sept (Labor Day weekend)? Disney is the most well organized race. It is soo much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome. I think it's great that you have such a solid goal, it's going to be amazing, I'm sure. I hope I have the same intensity when I'm in the same position! As a fellow runner, I love this post. I'll definitely be following!

    http://lifeatruestory4.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I definitely did not feel up to exercising til Reddic was 6 months. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.