SLIDER

Observation VS Judgment


I keep coming back to a thought my sister shared with me.  Our happiest time in life is when we are little children.  It's partly because as children we simply observe the world around us without making any judgments.

An apple is red vs. I like apples.  This meal needs salt vs.  Meals are tasteless without salt.

Our thoughts create our reality.  We believe certain things about our identity and our world through our thoughts.  And that is important!  But those same thoughts create our feelings.

Judgmental thoughts can breed feelings of resentment, defensiveness, and inferiority/superiority.  Conversely, observational thoughts tend to create feelings of calm and curiosity.

It makes me wonder: since when do we feel we need to form an opinion about everything?  Cannot some things just be?  Even current events?  Children truly practice mindful living in the moment.  I want to be more like a little child.

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.