SLIDER

Fourth Baby Bumpdate: 24 Weeks


It's another month and time for a pregnancy update!

How far along:  24 weeks, but I'm measuring about 10 days ahead according to my doctor.

Size of Baby Boy:  According to the books and averages, he's over a foot long and weighs about 1.5 pounds.  Woot!  Grow, Baby, grow!

Stretch Marks:  Pretty sure I've gained a couple of new ones.  I popped so fast this time around it was quite disconcerting!

Weight Gain:  Let's not talk about it in too much detail because it's a source of guilt/worry for me.  I mean, what did I do wrong this time around to gain so much so fast?!?  I weigh nearly as much now as I did when I delivered Jed.  Given, I did start out 10 pounds heavier, so hopefully I'll manage to only gain 10-15 pounds more from here on out?  Ugh.  I have the biggest appetite!  But I'm trying to (operative word: "trying") cut down on sugar and move my body more -- which is actually really hard to do in the winter.

Wedding Ring On or Off:  On!  My wedding ring definitely still fits but I prefer to wear my silicone ring on a daily basis.  It looks like a metal wedding band but is flexible, lightweight, and soft.

Maternity Clothes:  Yup.  Everything I wear except for some cardigans and jackets are maternity.  No worries, I can't actually zip or button those non maternity items.  They're just for style/to keep me warm.  There is one exception: I dig into Bron's collection of coats and jackets daily.  I may look ridiculous but at least I'm warm!

I ordered two dresses from ASOS maternity this time around and am loving them.  I ordered the dresses a size up because I know just how large and in charge I get towards the end of pregnancy!  They're made of heavy comfortable fabrics and the sleeves go down to my elbows to cover my upper arms (where I gain extra weight).  They actually make me feel somewhat cute.  Yay!

Also, my boobs (otherwise known to Conrad as my "mommas") are out of control this pregnancy.  Never in my life have my boobs been so BIG!  Seriously, they have a mind of their own.  My old bras actually hurt to wear.  I finally figured out my new size and ordered this maternity bra from Bravado Designs.  It's butter.  Plus, I can breathe again!                    

Sleep:  I love my bed and pillows.  I also like to sleep with the overhead fan on now.  I just get too hot!  Bron is the one who needs a sleep intervention though.  When his head hits the pillow, his mind starts spinning.  Me?  I'm out cold in 10 minutes.  However, I'm up 1-2 times a night to use the bathroom so maybe it evens things out?  Whatever.  I even things out myself by going back to bed every once in a while after getting the kids off to school.  I'm grateful for a good night's sleep right now because I know all that will change soon!

Belly Button In or Out:  Out!

Food Cravings:  Waffles.  I could cook myself up a batch up crispy buttermilk waffles every morning.  They are so delicious!  Instead of devouring the semi dessert yummy goodness every morning, I try to limit these high calorie breakfasts to just once or twice a week.  

Symptoms:  Occasional shortness of breath and blood that likes to pool uncomfortably down there, but other than that, I'm actually feeling really good!  I think I feel better than I did with my third pregnancy at this time.

I have learned, however, to pace myself.  I can no longer clean the kitchen, fold some laundry, and go grocery shopping all in one day.  Instead, I choose just one.  I feel like I have to save my energy for the hours between 3PM and 9PM.  I just don't have the physical, emotional, or mental fortitude for it all anymore!  My boys deserve a mom who is happy and can give them the attention and love that they need.

Movement:  I feel Baby Boy moving most often in the mornings and evenings when I am sitting or lying still.  Sometimes he kicks so hard I can actually see my stomach move from the outside!  Bron has even been lucky enough to feel him from time to time.  It's so fun and reassuring to me that he's still alive in there and doing well.

Favorite Moment This Month:  Aside from visiting my sister(s) in Arizona, Conrad made me laugh out loud when I was helping him dress in his pajamas one evening.  I was kneeling on the floor next to him when he looked at my shirt and exclaimed, "Your mommas are crackin' out!!!"  He then proceeded to carefully fold my cardigan over my chest.  Since when did he learn about modesty?  Cutest thing ever.

What I'm Looking Forward to:  Our trip to the Miami beaches and sunshine in just a few short weeks!  Also, the month of May.  I can't wait to get this Baby Boy here safely in my arms.  

^^Picture credit goes to my talented cousin, Rachel!^^

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.