SLIDER

The First Pictures in the First Half of January with my New Camera!


A giant THANK YOU to all of you out there who trusted me to take your photos this last year.  I was able to invest that money into a brand new mirrorless camera and I am over the moon excited in its capabilities!  This is one of my first "test shots" straight out of the box.  

My trusty Canon 6D is now five years old and the focus seems to be soft with all of my lenses.  I have loved that camera and taken it everywhere with me.  In fact, I'm kind of sentimentally attached.  It hasn't been abused, but it has definitely been a work horse.  I've been eyeing some new cameras for months though -- researching and drooling over their specs online -- but I just couldn't bring myself to make a decision or pull the trigger... until the Canon EOS R went on sale the last week of December.  I made the plunge and am so happy I did!  This camera was definitely the right choice for me.  I cannot wait to see the pictures I can create with it this year.

I'll be honest though.  The new autofocus capabilities are overwhelming.  I feel like I'm learning how to use a camera all over again!  But it's exciting because my pictures are tack sharp and I know that eventually handling this camera will feel like second nature... just as my old trusty 6D did.  So here's a few pictures from my learning curve.          

^^Nothing like a warm bubble bath with new toys on a cold afternoon in January!^^
^^Levi was a good sport and went outside with me to play in the snow one morning.  I slipped on ice and bruised my elbow!  Ouch.  Worth it.^^
^^Playing with Jed's double pendulum STEM experiment that came in the mail from Kiwi Crate.^^
^^That face!!!  Melt me.^^

I slept in one morning, and when I got up, this happy little man had a party waiting for me!  He set up a blanket, pillows, and his brother's science project as entertainment.  He was also prepared with food and beverage: a stack of bread and a gallon of milk.  He was so excited to show me!  So we sat on the floor together, enjoyed a cup of milk, and watched the light show.  Moments like this make me laugh out loud and smile big.  This is stay-at-home-mom happiness.

P.S. Afterwards, I turned that stack of bread into some French Toast.

^^My little mini me.  He had to use the tripod too (shortened to just his size!) after watching me take a few self portraits.^^
^^Forts and flashlights and bedtime.  I couldn't help myself; I just had to make a composite.^^

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.