SLIDER

A Freelensed Winter Day Out


It's felt like a long and lonely winter so far... and it's only beginning!  Really, I blame pregnancy for these feelings.  I just don't have the energy (or the body, let's face it) to do all the things I want to do!  Plus, there are a handful of things I really should not be doing.  (See ya later, skis!)  I miss the old me.  I know I'll see her again in a year or so, but still, pregnancy is a sacrifice.

I guess it also feels lonely because all of my closest friends have been done having babies for years!  Many of their oldest children are entering the youth program at church and their babies have started school.  They are so busy and involved with their families.  My children are just all around younger; we're not quite as busy yet.  Remember those days when we used to get together with our little ones during the day just because we were bored and needed one another?  Yeah, I'm still in that phase.

It means I need to reach out and add some more friends into my circle.  But remember what I said in a previous post?  Pregnancy makes me feel more introverted.  So while I crave friendship and adventure outside (Oh, how I want to be outside in the sunshine!), I also crave just staying at home looking like a granny in my house dress, wool socks, and cardigan.  True story.  I need to post a picture of that outfit.  It is soo comfortable!  Lol.  I'm a conundrum right now and I know it.

Sooo... anyone want to come over in their pajamas with a carton of ice cream and act boring and pregnant with me?  Wait.  I might actually know a couple of pregnant people.  ;)

Anyway, I finally got the little man and myself out of the house today.  He's been sick and I've been in a funk.  A little sunshine, exploration, and some perfectly imperfect freelensed photos were just what we needed!  Plus, we stopped for some donuts on the way home.    

^^Potty break!^^
^^That LIGHT!^^

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.