SLIDER

Christmas, But Make It Merrier 2021


We celebrated our first Christmas in our new home!  And it was nothing short of a combination of chaos and magic.  Bron and I weren't sure if Levi still believed in Santa Clause, but when he came out soon after going to bed saying that we forgot to leave cookies and milk for the big guy, we exchanged knowing smiles.  As per tradition, we read the second chapter of Luke and watched It's a Wonderful Life after the kids went to bed.  It's always a favorite.

Bron and I were up before 7AM to turn on the lights and music and *fireplace*.  Then we ushered in three very excited boys plus one who was just happy to be a part of whatever was taking place.







Conrad asked Santa for a hoverboard and a fart gun.  And Santa came through with flying colors!  I love five year olds, especially Conrad.  His humor and zest for life makes me happy.  Plus, he makes zooming around on a hoverboard look absolutely effortless!  



Jed and Levi got a couple of remote-control cars that can drift sideways!  Way cool.



It was a very white Christmas!  Because of drought, last week our local county commissioners asked folks of all faiths to pray for moisture for the upcoming growing season.  We got eleven inches of snow overnight!  The weekend brought the biggest snowstorm I've seen in our ten years here... and more snow is supposed to come this week.  I don't think all this snow is coincidence.  I think we're seeing an answer to prayer.






The kids opened a legit telescope from my dad and Liz.





My shoes... that Misty our dog ate when they were delivered while we were on vacation.  Bummer.  But it made for a funny and well-intentioned gift!  Good try, Bron.  Haha.


Fortunately, Misty did not sink her teeth into these fancy boots!




The faces of pure delight and joy as the boys opened a present they never thought they'd get from us: a Nintendo Switch!  Spoiled kids.  It's been a blast playing with them.  



Still in love with this man.


And I love our matching jammies!


Facetiming Grandma Nelson.



Conrad showing off his hoverboard skills and teaching Dad how to do it too.



The little red slide has been a total hit with Ezra!  At first, he was timid about getting up there, but now it's entertaining to watch him entertain himself.  Ezra started putting Thomas the Train down the slide, then it evolved into using the remote to make the boys' cars go careening down, and finally, Ezra decided that head first is the ultimate way to ride the slide!  Lol.  







Jed and Levi made an igloo tube in the front yard!  They momentarily contemplated sleeping out there before "accidentally" smashing it.  




Just Conrad, doing what he does best: rolling around in the snow.





Ezra was a ham at the window looking out at us playing in the snow.


And last but not least, the boys and their dogs.

Bron cooked us up a turkey on the smoker that afternoon.  It was hands-down the best turkey I've ever eaten.  I'm not exaggerating.  Christmas was delicious and noisy and good.  I couldn't help counting all the happy blessings we received that day and all year long.  I gave each boy -- especially my biggest one -- an extra tight happy squeeze.  

May we always remember our Savior on this day and the infinite gifts he gave us with His life.    

1 comment

  1. Dear Jessie Nelson, I have been waiting so long for you to make another entry to this blog! Thank you! You have a beautiful family and house, too!
    I've read the whole blog for the second time over and over.
    Please stay safe, healthy and sane :-)
    Sincerely, Sigrid

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.