SLIDER

Reflection on an Upcoming First Birthday


At this time last year I was about 38 weeks pregnant. I felt huge and uncomfortable but was eagerly anticipating the arrival of our last little boy. I wish I could go back in time. There's nothing in the world quite like the exciting anticipation of birth. Few other times in my life have made me feel as if I was fulfilling my soul's divine destiny more than caring for a newborn. 

I have cherished Ezra's babyhood as much as humanly possible. I feel so grateful that he joined our family and I was able to enjoy a fourth baby. But babies change so fast! And though I can hug Ezra right in this very moment, each picture I see is a reminder of the child who no longer exists. 

Needless to say, I am feeling a whole range of emotions as his first birthday approaches. I'm grateful, yet sad. 

Ezra's babyhood is slipping right through my fingers! However, I know there are a million and two reasons to smile because there is so much more ahead to look forward to. Ezra's first birthday is simply a very bittersweet milestone for me as my last baby. 

So happy birthday Baby Boy! I love you more than words can say. You've brought so much joy into my life - our family's life - this year and I cannot wait to experience the happiness you'll undoubtedly bless us with in the future.

 


No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.