SLIDER

Artifact Motherhood | Season of Motherhood

My favorite spot in the house right now.  It doesn't look like much; the chair is weathered and stained, but it's the corner in our home where I find slices of daily joy as I rock and nurse my last baby.  I'm taking it all in: Ezra's tiny toes, his chunky thighs and wrist rolls, and the sound of his sighs as he drifts off to sleep in my arms.  There's nothing else on earth quite like those quiet ordinary moments spent in this very chair.  Nursing is connection and comfort, for both of us!


*****

This is Artifact Motherhood; a collaboration of artists from around the world who have come together to share our stories of the joys and struggles of our journey. Through our writings and visual records, we want to create memories that are more than photographs with dates written on the back. These are the artifacts we are leaving behind for our children and for generations to come.

This entry is a part of a series called "Seasons of Motherhood" and is meant to be one picture and one caption that represents our current journey/season of motherhood. 

Please VISIT THE NEXT ARTIST in our blog circle, Carla Monge, and continue through all the artists until you get back to me!

8 comments

  1. Jessie, reading posts about teenage daughters and then coming to yours feels like a leap in time. Love it ! mamas all over the world will relate to that special corner, the comfort and connection only mama and baby can know at that point in time. That chair is worth millions, just for that reason. Enjoy it all xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful little spot.. I can feel so much bliss, joy and peace oozing out of this image and your words ❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a precious time of life Jessie, soak it all up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Jessie, I can still remember and feel this time. You describe it and illustrate it so beautifully, thank you for taking me back there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. those perfectly calm moments in our busy days are to be savoured just like this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. take it all in my dear... this is such a sweet moment (and beautiful)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, this brings back so many sweet memories that truly feel like JUST yesterday to me. My girls are now 6&8, and growing up way too fast (I know, such a cliche thing to say, but oh so true).

    ReplyDelete
  8. This view is perfection! These are seriously the sweetest moments, I wish I had captured more of them with my children. Beautiful, Jess

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.