SLIDER

Points

Farmer Jed watering the calves

We have one ongoing argument in our marriage.  It's about ice cream: chocolate vs. vanilla.  Bron prefers a vanilla based ice cream with chocolate or peanut butter swirled in it.  I, on the other hand, prefer chocolate upon chocolate upon chocolate.  I just can't seem to get enough of the stuff!

So, during the early days of our marriage, we bought two cartons of ice cream--one for Bron and one for me.  Except there was one problem: I didn't stick to eating just my carton.  I snitched (okay, more than snitched) Bron's ice cream too.  Naturally, Bron's carton would empty first and only the chocolate ice cream would remain in the freezer.  Since Bron can't stand the chocolate stuff, this seemed unfair.  I tried several times to stay out of his vanilla ice cream carton, but just couldn't help myself.  Eventually, Bron put his foot down; I was no longer allowed to buy chocolate ice cream!

Well, as I was grocery shopping last week, I caved to Midnight Madness: chocolate ice cream with fudge swirls and white chocolate chunks.  As a peace offering, I also bought Bron a carton of vanilla ice cream with peanut butter cups.  

And guess what happened?  I didn't touch a tablespoon.  And guess what else?  HIS carton reached the garbage bag first!  Nee-ner nee-ner!

One point for me!  (I totally did a little dance.) 

Then yesterday, I dressed Jed in shorts but decided he ought to have something on his feet.  I rummaged through his hoard of new and hand-me-down shoes and could only find two pairs in a size four: one pair for church and the other a cute pair of boots.  Boots would just look silly with shorts!  (Unless you're Flint Nelson, of course.  Haha)

Bron guffawed.  He couldn't believe that out of all those shoes, there was nothing that would fit.  He bet me that if he could find one pair, just ONE PAIR in a size four, I would have to buy him (not me--another story)something special the next time I went to town.  

Well, he found another pair... of boots!

One point for Bron!

I guess we're even now.  

This picture is for you, Grandpa Nelson!

3 comments

  1. look at him helping with the barn chores already!
    And what is with guys with ice cream? With Alan, I'll buy him a carton (I don't really eat ice cream) and it'll be gone in the blink of an eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. I love that you guys have that little tiff. We have similar things too! haha. cute boy and cute pictures. I am so glad he is into the poop, mud, rocks, and dirt too! :) loves

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! You guys should try Blue Bell's The Great Divide. It's the best ever! One side is chocolate and one side is vanilla. Nothing mixed in, but the texture is just to die for! Sometimes I'll add strawberries though.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.